You can type here any text you want

s10 wheel cyl

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

shawnz

Is it worthwhile getting these to hold more boost and what else can i do to improve my brakes thanks ohn

yes it is and also get four large soft shoes there sold as a set at many buick vendors

I'm not trying to hijack your thread but I just wanted to know what year S-10 brake cylinder works for our cars?

1991 S-10 pickup with manual brakes. What you are looking for is the 3/4" bore wheel cylinder. Advance Auto Parts have them under Bendix p/n 33891. That's where I bought mine. About $25 each.

I believe the stock wheel cylinder is 3/4, and the S-10 wheel cylinder bore you want is 7/8. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

if u change the wheels cylinders and brake shoes wouldnt that make the brakes lockup faster in the rear

the wrath said:
if u change the wheels cylinders and brake shoes wouldnt that make the brakes lockup faster in the rear

Yes...and it's not always fun in the rain when you have to brake hard. I rarely every drive my car in the rain, so I don't have to worry about it much.

They definitely help in holding the car on the line.

Clarification on year

So what year wheel cylinders am i looing for off a S-10?

I work at autozone and the 80's S-10 wheel cylinders are the same as the buicks.

Which year should i be getting these wheel cylinders for?

Just be warned that they may be feather tight. I did mine and when going in reverse just touching them would jerk the car. Looked like I couldn't drive.
I since went back to stock. If this happens to you, an adjustable proportioning valve may be of help.

they are both right. the more expensive one is the "better" one at Advanced Auto. The other one should work fine in my book...that's what I bought.

Back