You can type here any text you want

S2 Carb Intake ID

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TGrant

Anyone know of a way to determine whether an intake is an on-center or off-center, short of physically setting it on a S2-headed motor?

Thanks,
TIM

Stage II Intake ID

From what I have heard the Stage II 4bb intake for the off center is a pretty rare piece. You most likely have the on center verision. the buick part number is 25500029 or Edelbrock's verision thay are identical part no. 2986.

Later

SteveC

If it's the tall version (extra 1" or so height at the carb boss) it's almost certainly an on-center. I think all the off center ones I've seen were the short version. I could take some measurements for you to check but I'm not sure what I'd measure off of for an easy ID. :)

I know with them next to eachother I can tell you which is which as the #1 intake port kinda looks "longer" on the off-center intake. I'll see if I can find anything good to measure if I remember tomarrow.

Tim,

Unfortunately there is no way to tell the difference between the two manifolds without mocking it up. I picked up another Off center 4BBL recently. If you want to try it out let me know.

Neal

I have a stageII intake.It is short as reported earlier. On the back
above the valley is stamped with Edlebrock S2-V6
With its age,I would guess its an off center piece.
It needs to find a new home,as my current setup is on center.

Austin Kendall

Thanks for the input, guys. My S2 heads, although ported, are not "hogged out," so I'm told. I've found a new/unported carb intake for sale, but the guy doesn't know which type it is (and he's across country).

Neal, since you're in my neck of the woods, I'd like to see how yours matches up. Check you later.

TIM

Back