Sad Story

HYBRIDT

So, here's how it went yesterday.
Got off work at 6:45 after swapping to a stock turbo that Frank let me use and putting in plugs. Getting on the freeway I got on it to do some quick testing. Car was surging pretty bad, but I was low on gas. Put gas in it, went home and picked up my wife and headed out to Pacific Raceways. Got to the track at about 8:00, went through tech and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally got to the line and decided to use my first run to see what the track is going to be like and what my tires were going to feel like and I wasn't sure what my boost level was at. at the line I didn't build any boost, but brought the motor up to about 1800-2000 rpm. Ran a 14 flat at 100 mph even with NO knock retard and about 16 lbs of boost ( I mixed 1 gallon of 116 with less than 1/4 tank of 92). Tires didn't spin at all. Pulled back into the lanes and adjusted the boost higher and was extremely excited to see what it would do with a better launch and more boost. Sos' I wait, and wait, and wait and finally when I'm about 4 cars back (at about 10:30) someone blew in the right lane and left a lot of oil on the track so the called it off for the night. One measly 14 second run for $35. Bummer.:( But on a good note I didn't break anything and I'm gonna go back in two wed nights from now and try again. There were a LOT of imports there. Bill was there and ran a 11.5X on his 'street' setup. Anyway cry me a river, right;)

Bill said he'd sell me his '54 and 50lb injectors.;) I guess he wants to go bigger or something. Is that wierd or what?:D
Seems kinda outa character:D

ADUM

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
There were a LOT of imports there.

Mike Carol or Nick Lopez show up those nights with their 9 sec Integras?

"You know, if they'd turn their motor 90 degrees they'd go a lot faster"

There was a silver Integra with HUGE slicks and a fiberglass front end and wheelie bars. I heard it was running 9.98's or so. I was too busy waiting in the lanes to get to watch it though. The guy mentioned he knew Gene though.

Yeah, that's too bad that happened Adam. On the bright side, I think the crowd all agreed that you had the best looking Olds or Buick there! ;)

Just got back from Mission Raceways for the club drags. Great turnout, great track, good weather until around 4pm then it rained,however I was able to make 4 passes....

first pass @ 20psi.........11.46
second pass @ 22psi....11.44 (started missing at half track)
third pass @ 22psi........11.29 (changed plugs)
forth pass @ 24psi........11.22 (broke tires loose off the line)

I had the boost cranked up to approx 26psi for my 5th pass but thats when it started to rain. I was in the second pair in the staging lanes at the time so I know how you felt Adam.

My best 60' time was a 1.61 which is the best ever for this car, as I'm still not able to hold any more than 4psi on the line.

Overall I was very pleased with the performance of the car considering I was running a 20 degree street chip,unlocked converter and a 50/50 mix of pump gas and C16. My alky system went bad a few weeks ago, otherwise I would have been running straight pump gas with alky. BTW, I had 0 kr's the whole day! :D

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
There was a silver Integra with HUGE slicks and a fiberglass front end and wheelie bars. I heard it was running 9.98's or so. I was too busy waiting in the lanes to get to watch it though. The guy mentioned he knew Gene though.

Silver so it was Nick, on 7/11 he ran a 9.01 @ 160mph. DAMN fast for a import dont you think ;)

In my oppinion that's damn fast for any car, not just super fast for the front wheels doin' all the pullin'. And with only 4 cylinders;) I know I've always been super impressed with fast cars on less cylinders. Most peoples perception is that they expect a 540 ci camaro to go fast, but only 6, or 4 cylinders?

ADUM

And Mike Carol put down like 630hp (not quoting, but somewhere in there. Gene knows) to the wheels. Very impressive for a 1.8l 4 banger :)

Bill- those are some good times... If you get you 60' down, you'll have a 10sec timeslip before the end of the year.:D

I'm hoping I can do it with the street chip first, and then I'll run straight C16 with the race chip and see what happens....:D