Saddam and Sons Reported Dead

strikeeagle

Something about a B1 bomber and bunker busters and a big ole crater in a residential section of Bagdad.

:D :D :D That's great if it's true. I believe we heard this before, something about an ambulance....:rolleyes: I hope when they do get him they show the body to the people of Iraq so they will have proof that this horrible scum will never harm them again. I'm afraid that if there is no body, those people will still fear him. Put his head on a stake in the middle of Bagdad for all to see. Along with the protestors.:mad:

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Something about a B1 bomber and bunker busters and a big ole crater in a residential section of Bagdad.

We can only hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Whoever it was they hit, I can't imagine that they're gonna find much of the remains.

4 2000lb 'Bunker Busters' unloaded on a concentrated spot have to create one hell of a mess, and judging how much of a fire that appeared to be burning afterwards, the target must be completely obliterated. :eek:

I think for them to have launched such a huge strike in a residential neighborhood, they had to be practically certain it was him.

Props to the special operatives that provided the information, and to those who created, and carried out the plan to eradicate Iraq of Saddam and his regime, and to all of our military personnel who are risking their lives for this country, and the world.

Steve

Originally posted by Black Box
I think for them to have launched such a huge strike in a residential neighborhood, they had to be practically certain it was him.

Yeah, that's what they said on the news. That the information was so reliable it justified the risk of dropping bunker-busters on a residential neighborhood. I find it hard to believe that scumbag would be anywhere without a tunnel escape route, but you can only hope. We don't have a good track record of executions.

Bin Laden is running his mouth again, too. Why can't we find that bastage?

Jim

That's what they all get for listening to that clown of an information minister (duh, there are no coalition forces in Baghdad) Good ridence.
Mitch

Next in line should be that idiot information minister. It's not like they don't know where he is. :mad:

What a gutless piece of crap. He is making sure he is either in a bunker, or in a public place with plenty of civilians around. I am glad we are trying to keep civilian casualties down, but trying to save the civilian population in a war is a relatively new concept. Up until the 20th century, civilian casualties were just part of a war.

if they wanna kill him so bad find an Iraqi that hates him let him pose as an Iraqi that loves him give him a high powered Sniper rifle (m24) have him cheer his heart out when Saddam or his look alike comes to town again to greet everyone, find a nice tower and splatter the back of his head all over his adoring fans. Even if they get all his look alikes sooner or later he will run out and have no choise but to show himself to boost morale. All this assuming hes not already dead.

I heard there was a tunnel under the building but the BB's made a crater 60 feet deep! Hopefully they took care of the tunnel.

As far as the info minister goes, I think he knows what is going on, but from all the reports I hear, Saddam doesn't like bad news and deals with the informers in his own way. Remember the defense minister that was "replaced?" I doubt we ever hear from him again. Saddam probably tells info. min. just what to say, anything else and he will be "replaced" as well.

Originally posted by Baron Von Buick
if they wanna kill him so bad find an Iraqi that hates him let him pose as an Iraqi that loves him give him a high powered Sniper rifle (m24) have him cheer his heart out when Saddam or his look alike comes to town again to greet everyone, find a nice tower and splatter the back of his head all over his adoring fans. Even if they get all his look alikes sooner or later he will run out and have no choise but to show himself to boost morale. All this assuming hes not already dead.

I really thought that one, or all of his bodyguards would kill Saddam and the boys by now. That has been fairly consistent throughout history. Very popular with the Romans.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
... trying to save the civilian population in a war is a relatively new concept. Up until the 20th century, civilian casualties were just part of a war.
It's only in the last 30 yrs or so there have been conscious attempts to avoid civilian casualties, at least from the western countries. In WW-II, they intentionally tried to kill as many civilians as possible:

-- Hitler firing V1 & V2 rockets at England, not to mention 6 million jews gassed to death.
-- Allied forces carpet bombing german cities, tens of 1000s civilians would die after a night of incendiary fire-bombing
-- and of course, US dropping 2 nuclear bombs on japanese cities ... mostly civilian deaths.

New info!

Did you see the alleged Saddam in the street look up to the sky several times? He was real nervous about a Predator dropping a bomb if you watch the clip. He peers up into the sky to see what is there as he is waiving.
Then last night Fox identified Saddams body guard in the tape where he was waiving also in the crowd looking at the rubble after the bombing of where Saddam was expected to be:D

Looks like we missed again.:mad: New reports say he was trying to get into the Russian embassy, but Russia says it's all lies.:rolleyes: