You can type here any text you want

Safe oil product for oil leaks???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
IMO....no there is not, fix the leak. :) BTW I have never owned a buick that doesn't leak. Some more than others,and some don't leave spots on the ground ,but they still seep. Typically I find the harder the car is run the greater the chance of a leak. Also my experience with synthetic oil is they tend to leak more also.

Is there such a product???

I was going to ask the same thing. I bought some "Bearing seal" by Gunk and I'm a little leary of putting it in. It says it's harmless to engine parts. I guess it has chemicals in it to swell up the seals and help stop the leak. My leak is the real main seal of course, and I thought this might be worth a shot.

I'm sure there were oil additives added before I bought it as I just changed the oil,and it has leaked MORE since.

My rebuilt engine started leaking from rear main within 200 miles...there were several other leaks too, but just from lines/fittings inadequately tightened...

It's just one of those things, I guess, with turboed/pressurized engines??

Back