Safe to run with bad turbo oil seal?

dpok69

Dpok69@aol.com
My turbo's oil seal are going or are already shot. I have oil in the uppipe and the throttle body. I plan to upgrade the turbo soon, but am not acting quick enough cause of money issues.

Oil smoke coming out of exhuast is not visible unless i just start the car or a wot blast (only puffs though in both cases for a few seconds).

What ill effects am i causing to my car by not replacing the turbo immediately?

I WOULD SAY, NO PROBLEM. I DON'T SEE HOW IT WOULD HAVE ANY EFFECT ON ENGINE OPERATION. MAYBE YOU SHOULD POST THIS QUESTION IN TECH. THE LOUNGE IS MORE FOR LEARNING HOW TO POST PICTURES.:D

OOps! ....It was meant for the tech, i dont know how i got it into the lounge area. I wish i could move it back to the tech area.

So far i dont have any problems with the car. The car still boosts, but its bugging me that the intake is seeing oil.

GREAT!!! i had the exact same question! but i have found oil in my maf pipe. how did it get there and what damage can it cause (i think i know what it is :rolleyes: ) and how do i fix this?

I think the only way to fix it is to have the turbo seals replaced. This involves removing the turbo and probably opening up the internals. I don't know how hard all this is to do. Since its only the seals on my stock turbo (the shaft for the impeller does not move) i could probably buy the seals and redo it myself with some research.