You can type here any text you want

Sagging drivers door, anyone ever fix theirs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mytta49

My drivers door is sagging and has scraped the paint off the rocker panel.
I see that there is a repair kit that just replaces the pins at Top Down Solutions, but when I read the one review, the guy said it returned it to the original condition, but did not fix the sag.
Anyone done one of these? Is it best to just bring it to a body shop to see if they can fix it ?
Here is the repair kit on Top Down solutions

This one is the greasable

This is the Non greasable

The guys Review

Any suggestions as to what is the best way to get the door back to the way it was would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Take the door off and take it to a body shop. I myself rewelded and redrilled the holes on a trans am door for a guy I knew and it worked perfect afterwards.

The sagging might be the worn bushings and then the hinge kit will work (I used the non greasable on mine and that worked fine), if the hinges are bent the kit will not fix this. You can grab hold of the door and move it up and down and see if the hinge pin bushings are worn or not, if you can move the door up your hinge pin bushings are gone if not the hinge it self is bent or sagging. A body shop will probabrly charge you an arm and a leg as it's pretty labor intensive. I did both my doors before having it resprayed about 2 years ago, pretty straight forward. There's a web page from the vendor telling you all about it but can't find it at the moment do a search on thirdgen.org and you will find plenty of info

Back