You can type here any text you want

SBC stroker 427

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toomanymodz

Yeah yeah, I know it's not a buick engine, but... I need to sell it so that I can buy a Weber Racing 3.8L stroker short block.

And I know some of you either have other project cars or know of someone who has one.

I purchased this engine two months ago from Shafiroff Racing Engines in New York. The engine is still wrapped in plastic. I bought this for my 66 Chevelle but I've decided to keep the car all original.

* Dart SHP Block w/Splayed 4 Bolt Main Caps
* Eagle 4340 4.000" Forged Steel Stroker Crank
* Eagle 4340 6.000" ESP H-Beam Rods
* Clevite 77 Main & Rod Bearings
* Mahle Custom Coated Forged flat top Aluminum Pistons
* 10.5 to 1 compression with 75cc heads. (approx 12.4 with 64cc)
* Plasma Moly Ring Set
* Internally Balanced
* Billet double roller timing chain
* Custom grind solid billet roller camshaft .900 base circle
* Cam specs: 252/256 duration (at .050). Lift is .594/.594 LSA: 109 degrees
* Camshaft has been professionally degreed in.
* Milodon oil pan with special pump/pickup assembly
* Polished aluminum timing cover
* Billet timing pointer
* SFI-approved harmonic balancer
* Professionally Blueprinted and Assembled
* Lokar billet dipstick

Just to let you know what I paid: The shortblock costed $3995, the deluxe package (cam, timing chain and cover, oil pump and pan) was $1250. SFI balancer upgrade was $150 and the Lokar dipstick was $57. Shipping was $125.
So I paid a total of $5,577.00 and I have the receipt dated 7/28.

This engine will produce 600 horsepower and run on pump gas, provided that you install 210cc Air Flow Research heads (or something equivelent) with 75cc chambers. Or you could go with 64cc chambers and obtain 650+ horsepower. Remember, this is a deluxe short block assembly, so you supply the cylinder heads.

This engine is located in Brooksville Florida, zip code 34613. Due to the hassle of shipping and my busy schedule, I will not ship.

Asking price: $4850

Great deal!!! There's a guy here in town that has one of their engines and it hauls ass. Good luck with sale.

you could just turbo that motor and make that DLS block look silly..:wink::wink:

Yeah, the engine would propel my chevelle into the high 10's. But my '66 is a 52k mile, #'s matching show car that I just cannot bring myself modify and 're-purpose'. Its almost completely original (except for some chrome under the hood), even the carpet, glass, doorpanels, radio etc. are original.
2992296515_af530e9576_z.jpg

The engine bay has been spiced up a bit, but it is the original 283 engine:
5002415872_6d82a0ffb1_z.jpg

Chevelle

Yeah, the engine would propel my chevelle into the high 10's. But my '66 is a 52k mile, #'s matching show car that I just cannot bring myself modify and 're-purpose'. Its almost completely original (except for some chrome under the hood), even the carpet, glass, doorpanels, radio etc. are original.
2992296515_af530e9576_z.jpg

The engine bay has been spiced up a bit, but it is the original 283 engine:
5002415872_6d82a0ffb1_z.jpg

It's perfect just the way it is. Leave it alone.

Back