You can type here any text you want

Scam??? Stage 2 Engine on ebay.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
0 feedback....... I would stay far away from that one.

Billy,

I emailed the bidders to let them know it was your old motor in the pics.. caveat emptor!

The "engine" previously appeared under this item number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1875561585

I asked about the discrepancy of listing a "New Engine" that had been through three rebuilds. I also inquired if the pictures were of the actual block or being used as an example and if it did indeed have an oiling pick-up that was blocked off.

I received the following reply, "Sorry, it was my mistake. I re-opened auction. The engine is new." The auction now appears as below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1875920509

The only difference that I can see is the removal of the last statement. I would ask more questions if you are considering bidding on it. Not saying to stay away, just be cautious.

Aloha,

Here's my exchange with this guy. (Read from the bottom to the top.) Seems a little evasive to me... I'd stay away.

Yes, it is.

>From: Mac in SD
>To: "plod 49" <pold_49@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #1875920509
>Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:49:57 -0800
>
>Is it a bare block? (I'm a little confused by your first reply.)
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "plod 49" <pold_49@hotmail.com>
>To: Mac in SD
>Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 12:02 PM
>Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #1875920509
>
>
> >
> > yes
> >
> > >From: Mac in SD
> > >To: pold_49@hotmail.com
> > >Subject: Question for seller -- Item #1875920509
> > >Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 09:03:58 PST
> > >
> > >Is this a bare block or does it come as pictured? TIA.

Ya' don't say!

Here's my latest reply

>Hi again,
>
>Few more questions.
>
>1. Is this a Stage 2 BLOCK ONLY or a complete engine? Partial engine?

I'm selling complete engine.

>
>2. Would you be able to send me any pictures other than the ones on the auction? (max file size 200K)

I have only these pictures.

>3. Are you a member of gnttype.org, turbobuick.com, turbobuicks.com, or any
other Internet BB, Forum or Chat?
>
>4. If yes to question 4, user names at any of the above?
>
>Thanks,
>Tom

No answers to questions 3 and 4. So he'll sell me a complete engine and MAC in SD gets a bare block.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Aloha,
Tom

Just buy my block tom, YOu'll get exactly what you see in te pic. Step up to the oncnter stuff, and go 8s! all day:rolleyes:

Hi Norb!

Originally posted by norbs
Just buy my block tom, YOu'll get exactly what you see in te pic. Step up to the oncnter stuff, and go 8s! all day:rolleyes:

Sorry, not in the market for your block, but I wish you good luck on your sale. I have seen the pics and it looks like the real deal!

I have been checking on this auction more out of curiosity than anything else. I won't be bidding on it. The only guys I buy Buick stuff from are on this board! :D :D :D

Aloha,

This is a scam as the guy told me in an e-mail that the picture was the engine for sale.

Does anybody know this guy

>Is this a complete motor?
yes, it is.
>What crank,rods,heads are they?
It comes with all components.Stage II Competition Hub,Stage II Cylinder Head
(Aluminum) etc.
>What address and name do i send the casheirs check to ?
name: Pedro Rosario
address:2307 Morris Ave 1c
bronx NY 10468

Notify me when you sent payment and i'll close auction early.
I can sell you it for $3300 right now.Answer me ASAP.What type of
>payment
> > can you make?( wire trnsfer(prefer), money order, cashiers check,pay
> > pal).I'm in NY

Hello Buick Buds,

I have sent a message to Ebay and asked them to check on this listing for possible fraud. I asked them to respond to me or to this board.

The Ebay system for sending an information request is not very user friendly. It took me quite a while just get into a box where I could type a message.

Sure looks like a scam to me. He wont even return my email. I find it funny that 2 of the bidders also have 0 feedback. Maybe a little shill action going on there. Not to mention he told Geno hes from New York but the auction say North Dakota.

SOMEONE SHOULD BUST THIS GUY, SOME ONE IS GOING TO GIVE HIM A FEW THOUSAND DOLLORS OF HARD EARNED MONEY AND WILL NEVER HERE FROM HIM AGAIN, THAT IS UNCOOL. I E-MAILED HIM AND HE WANTED 3000$, SEEMS SHADY.

This was the last reply to my question about someone going to see it for me:rolleyes:

I'm out and cann't contact with you by phone.I ready answer on all your
questions by email.The item is on the stock and it'll be more easy if you
make sent me check,plus you'll get free shipping.
Thanks

>What address and name do i send the casheirs check to ?
name: Pedro Rosario
address:2307 Morris Ave 1c
bronx NY 10468

Can someone else please Email him and ask for a phone # or any more contact information? I have to go to NYC this week and would be willing to go see WTF's up here......sounds like its an apartment though and dont think he's got a SII complete setting in his kitchen....

:confused: :confused: :confused:

<KM>@ MPE

engine in Bronx

I just sent Email to this guy:

Hello, I see there is only 19 hours left in your Stage II auction...I will be in NYC this saturday, January fourth.....will you take $5000 cash for this engine.....and I can pick up sat?

Please respond asap...

thanks, please send response to keith@measeperformance.com

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

He'll prob tell me that the engine is in ND....hell, I'll drive there tooLOL!:D

Any chance this is one of the guys the F.B.I. is looking for???:eek: They were said to have come down from Canada. I`d hate to think who ever buys this is helping fund Al Qaeda!
Maybe the winning bidder should be alerted to this thread before he makes a payment. If you were willing to bid, and you use PayPal, they have some kind on insurance you can buy. Although I don`t know how big of a hassle it may turn into.
"Semper Fi";)
"Once a Marine always a Marine"
Jim

My Tech just got back from this guys house:eek: :eek:

Some chick answered the door with a baby hanging off her arm, she said she knows nothing of an engine for sale and this guy pedro is not there right now. My Tech said this is a bad area, house was all broken down outside and he got the feeling this guy does not live there. My Tech left his cell number and told this chick to have Pedro call him when he shows up. Will keep you guys posted. It is bull****!!!!!!!

Back