Scanmaster and PL combo prep ?

Beamer

I asked this on the FTS tech site and have not been answered yet, so I thought I would throw it out here also...

I am getting ready to install my PL system. I wanted to familiarize myself with the proceedures before going into it. I read over the directions a couple times already and do not see where it mentions the PL I/O connection board.

I take it that this can be mounted anywhere, and we use the supplied cable to connect into the PL board.

Here are my questions:

1) What connects to the board from the Scanmaster? The white, red and black wires go where? Do we only connect the white wire to the SCM (pin 7) on the I/O board? And leave the power and ground at where thay are at?

2) When I go to connect my LC1 up, I connect the signal to I1 and I guess a ground signal from the LC1 to the ground terminal (pin 4)?

3) For I2 (MAP), do I splice from the same signal from my 3 bar MAP sensor that feeds my Alky system? And what gives that signal a ground reference?

4) Do I supply a chassis ground signal to the terminal (again pin 4) of the I/O board?

5) Does the PL software have the ability to select if we have a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor for accurate readings?

6) Will I read the computer LB O2 readings until I get my WB system installed?

7) I read in the directions that the WB data will be displayed in place of the LB data, will the scanmaster still perform the record function during WOT balsts? And is it an average, a lowest value, a highest value, or last value recognized?

8) Will I be able to connect my updated 2.2 Scanmaster up to a car at the ALDL port to assist them in problems? Or does it have to have the PL system for interfacing now?

I know this is a lot of questions, but I am trying to prepare myself for this upgrade and be able to understand it to the best ability possible. Hopefully I am not repeating the same old questions that everyone new to this combo has asked, but probably am. I figured it would at least group a few of them together.

Thanks in advance,
For any and all help,

Mike

1) Do we only connect the white wire to the SCM (pin 7) on the I/O board? And leave the power and ground at where thay are at? Yes

2) When I go to connect my LC1 up, I connect the signal to I1 and I guess a ground signal from the LC1 to the ground terminal (pin 4)? Yes I believe there is an analog ground from the LC1.

3) For I2 (MAP), do I splice from the same signal from my 3 bar MAP sensor that feeds my Alky system? Yes, and I would wire the MAP so it gets its 5V and ground from the ECM. Pin C14 is 5V and D12 is ground at the ECM. That 5v reference is more stable than the 5v from the dash.

4) Do I supply a chassis ground signal to the terminal (again pin 4) of the I/O board? No

5) Does the PL software have the ability to select if we have a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor for accurate readings? Yes

6) Will I read the computer LB O2 readings until I get my WB system installed? You can if you want.

7) I read in the directions that the WB data will be displayed in place of the LB data, will the scanmaster still perform the record function during WOT balsts? And is it an average, a lowest value, a highest value, or last value recognized? Yes, it will show the leanest value.

8) Will I be able to connect my updated 2.2 Scanmaster up to a car at the ALDL port to assist them in problems? Or does it have to have the PL system for interfacing now? No, it will only work with the PL now.