Scanmaster as a gauge

Just missed being reply number 100. My order is in! Like many of the others I will need to make color selection.

I noticed in the video someone posted it showed AFR and he mentioned letting the wideband heat up. So if you dont have a wideband will it just show the 02 voltage?

Waiting for the wideband to heat up is a personal preference. You don't have to do it.

The Scanmaster can display wideband or stock O2 when used with the PowerLogger.

When used to display the data from the stock ECM, there is no wideband data (the ECM does not have wideband info) so the display will be stock O2.

Note also, added a bunch of pictures of the other color options for face and bezel to the web page. (and facebook)

Bob

That would be pretty awesome! I have the EBL sfi-6. Maybe it would work with it too.

I am almost positive that if this gauge can be used with an SD2 chip where the MAP is connected to the Power Logger, than the SFI-6 shouldn't be a problem, as the data streams should essentially be the same. I would have to wait for the '749 version to come out to use it with my EBL-P4, though.

The EBL SFI-6 Flash ECM has two ALDL data streams. There is the replicated 160 baud stream that matches the '86-'87 TB ECMs. With the '8192 baud data stream resembling the $8D mask (TPI w/'7730 ECM).

RemoveBeforeFlight

I actually just now remembered there is a hookup for the scanmaster, getting old sucks.
And with the '7730, I could be able to use that too.

I actually just now remembered there is a hookup for the scanmaster, getting old sucks.
And with the '7730, I could be able to use that too.

Going out on a limb a bit, IIRC, the ScanMaster is offered in both the Turbo Buick version along with a $8D version. If so can use that mode for faster & more information.

Currently I'm using the 160 baud stream with a V2.1 ScanMaster5. Works well.

With this new gauge working with the Turbo Buick ALDL stream, it can be used with the EBL SFI-6 replicated ALDL data stream :cool:

RemoveBeforeFlight

The SyTy Scanmaster G will read the 8192 baud stream, which has a ton more info and much higher speed. It will be configurable for the other 8192 baud variations.

Bob

For the SyTy guys (and other 8192 baud applications), as well as the XFI/FAST guys, the preorder special is available for those versions as well. There are drop-down boxes on the web page that will let you select the model as well as the colors.

Bob

I may have to order one up, I am figuring out my dash layout now. I have all white face gauges (phantoms), not sure how this would look with them.

Should be a really good match.

IMAG0909.jpg

Think I am sold on Stainless with grey face. Would you happen to have a shot of that one ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's is.... You can go ahead and ship that one to me ...... Pre-order already paid ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you send me an email that ties your color selection, email (from the order) and screen name together?

thanks

B