scanmaster G trans reading

1972chevy

I have the scanmaster G, not sure if this is the right forum to post this. i will try in others.
my flags readings are in park
N/P= drive
trans: 3rd
what could be the problem?

Last edited:
the scanmaster displays what the ECM sends it. So its likely that your Park/Neutral switch is misadjusted and your third gear switch is unhooked, missing, or defective (some trans guys leave them out)

Bob

the scanmaster displays what the ECM sends it. So its likely that your Park/Neutral switch is misadjusted and your third gear switch is unhooked, missing, or defective (some trans guys leave them out)

Bob
thanks for the info, i did have the trans rebuilt last year but i just got the scanmaster working so i'm not sure if it was already like this before the rebuild.
I'll talk to my trans guy. Could this be a problem if not fixed or is this not really important?

This was answered on other threads as well as on Fakebook. But for the most part the gear switches will not affect the way the car drives. The TurboTweak chip you are running
does not use the gear switches, it uses the vehicle speed to approximate gear.

Bob

This was answered on other threads as well as on Fakebook. But for the most part the gear switches will not affect the way the car drives. The TurboTweak chip you are running
does not use the gear switches, it uses the vehicle speed to approximate gear.

Bob
Yes thank you it was already answered in a other thread. Facebook must of been another person it sure was not me. Maybe you have your Facebook account linked to this website.

I appreciate all the help, all my questions have been answered on this.

just so that one eles uses up there time on this.
dose anyone know how to lock these threads or delete them?