Scavange a FWD Turbo Riveria?

Originally posted by The Don
can some one send me pic of an 85 turbo riveria? kojo300zx@yahoo.com...also any links that would tell about them

Unfortunately there is not a lot of info available on the turbo Rivieras as turbofish38 said. The best sources I have found are the factory sales brochures, factory service manual, magazine test articles and ads, and of course the few owners of the cars here on the board. Fortunately the T-Rivs have pretty much the same drivetrain as same year GN/T Regals with a few differences, of course there is the frontwheel drive and different body style. Here is a current auction on ebay if your interested for 1984 Buick full line showroom brochure, has a good picture of a T-Type Riv along with two other Rivs, and a good picture of the T-Type Riv engine not installed in the car (engine only) along with the 84 GN/T Type Regal. It's a good brochure worth buying if your interested. The 84 T-Riv is pretty much the same as 85, also the 83 T-Riv is about the same in looks though is carbuerated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ory=6761&item=7966230248&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The info is out there in this form though takes a bit to find it all, I have found the 83,84,85 sales brochures, 83 T-type test report (Road and Track I think), and a few magazine ads along with the factory service manual. You can sometimes see a T-Type Riv with pictures in the Riviera section of ebay cars for sale, though they are getting rarer, just picked up a trans out of what was a real nice 85 T-type factory black with gray interior that had been run into and totaled, owner was selling all good parts, seen many more last two years with same fate:(

Hey Eric, we'll have to BS about these cars someday, email here is f50turbo@wideopenwest.com , still working on the T-Riviera drive train mid engine car, and buying bits and pieces for the 85 T-Type Riv, picked up two 3.36 diffs and other misc. Still planning to intercool the Riv,and if/ when I get the mid engine project done, I see Scott North has some motor plans for his 84, anything new there? no more bad hurricanes hopefully...