You can type here any text you want

Schwitzer turbos

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNVenom

Anyone have any first-hand knowledge of Schwitzer turbos? I am installing a pair of these ball bearing turbos into my project car. They are used on a John Deere diesel but I'm not sure what they are capable of. They have small housings and appear to be able to do the trick for a street driven car. I can't seem to find out what the map spec's are for them. Here is how the fab is going:
twinturbos.jpg

They both feed into a custom front mount IC with a single 3 inch discharge. The plumbing is pretty straight forward, individual wastegates on each side, tee'd together using a bypass air pressure regulator for boost control.
I'm days away from running the car, but it'd be nice to know if there are any flow spec's out there that can justify the use.

Any ideas?

-John Spina

www.gnspyder.com

www.casperselectronics.com

I have no useful info for you regarding the twins...but, you sure know how to do a project car!!!

that thing should fly!.....

just insane.

John,

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that PTE uses some of Schwitzer's parts to make their 71GTQ. Maybe one of the guru's will chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

K.

Innovative sells that stuff, you can try calling them.

805-526-5400

Schwitzer was bought out a few years ago by Borg-Warner, www.turbodriven.com. good luck getting any info from them, it's about as fruitless as getting holset turbo maps. :/

The GT71Qs that Precision sells use the Switzer compressor housing. The rest of it is Garrett GT stuff. The Switzer housing is use because it has the shroud on it and supposedly flows more air than the regular Garrett housing.

John,
If Borg Warner owns Schwitzer, then I might be able to get you some info. I work at International and we are using BW turbos on the I6 engine. Let me know what the turbos are (part number or identification of some kind) and I'll ask my BW friends what they can find out about them.

Oh yeah... but you'll have to come clean about that light blue turbo regal on Palatine road last saturday. It beat you up pretty good, right????:cool:

Hmmm, light blue Regal. Is that the one with the black grille? Oh yeah, it must've been, I remember seeing the black grille in my mirror...I should have slowed down, then I could have gotten a good look at the color of the car......um, what were we talkin' about? Oh yeah, I got beat up. I got beat up pretty good. Doh!

-John Spina

www.gnspyder.com

www.casperselectronics.com

Nah!! It's a chrome grille... geeez! Hey maybe that Gatch guy knows what happened. He was waaaayyy back there. We'll have to ask him.:D

heya, if you get any maps I'd appreciate them as well. I'm looking for stuff on the OE turbos for 6.5L GMCs. Then again, if you've got any maps for borg-warner stuff I'd be more then greatful (information hoarder)

Back