Scopes?

turbojitsu85

I need a scope for my FAL but I'm not sure what to get. I like the Trijcon line specifically the TA33R-9. Only draw back is it's very expensive. Now I know that the optics are a huge part in shooting and I don't want to skimp but is any one familiar with a similar piece of glass that is comparable for less? Or any recommendations something some one likes?

Well those are two different kinds of scope...​
That Acog is Bad Azz... I rock with several of them:cool: We have tried one on a socom and it is NICE... It is fixed power where the leupold is variable.... If you are serious on the Acog or any scope give me a PM for price check. I can usually come in under a few dollars shipped than most advertised sites:D

The optic you get will depend on what you want to do with the gun . For close in work a fixed low power or no maginfication optic like the ACOG or Eotech are great choices , but longer range work it's tough to beat a variable scope. Also check out a Leupold HAMR, not cheap either but I never skimp on optics.:D Sam

You also could get both long and short range optics with good quick detach mounts . They are suppose to return to zero reliably so you switch out to what ever you need at the time. Shane , have you had any experiance with QD mounts ?? I have not. Sam

You also could get both long and short range optics with good quick detach mounts . They are suppose to return to zero reliably so you switch out to what ever you need at the time. Shane , have you had any experiance with QD mounts ?? I have not. Sam

Yes, the Larue QD for the acog scopes are great. Leupold and several other companies make QD mounts for variable scopes that work really well too. Far as mounts and rings you get what you pay for...

Yes, the Larue QD for the acog scopes are great. Leupold and several other companies make QD mounts for variable scopes that work really well too. Far as mounts and rings you get what you pay for...
Totally agree here. First thing is to decide which mount to put on then worry about the scope. Also, is it a FAL or LAR version? That will make a difference as well on the mount you choose because they're a little different. I should've bought the original military set up in the 90's when I had the chance but really didn't worry about it then. $200 for a used scope and mount is now worth over $1k and I've done that a few times now so it kinda pisses me off that I didn't think ahead.:oops:

Totally agree here. First thing is to decide which mount to put on then worry about the scope. Also, is it a FAL or LAR version? That will make a difference as well on the mount you choose because they're a little different. I should've bought the original military set up in the 90's when I had the chance but really didn't worry about it then. $200 for a used scope and mount is now worth over $1k and I've done that a few times now so it kinda pisses me off that I didn't think ahead.:oops:

It's a DS Arms FAL with a 1913 picatinny rail.

Well those are two different kinds of scope...​
That Acog is Bad Azz... I rock with several of them:cool: We have tried one on a socom and it is NICE... It is fixed power where the leupold is variable.... If you are serious on the Acog or any scope give me a PM for price check. I can usually come in under a few dollars shipped than most advertised sites:D

Right now I'm just looking but in a few months I'll let you know. I found a seller on gunbroker that is selling them for $1k.