SD2 users and Tuners

TurboTdr3.8

How much tuning are you guys doing with the weather changing temps from cool weather to hot summer heat , It seems that I need to tweak a few things to keep her running her best , it that what most of you all are experiencing ? or am I doing something wrong ?

What are you changing? I've been seeing fairly consistent AFR results regardless of the weather. I think Eric's baseline air temp corrections pretty much take care of it. I will see a little bit of variation while the engine itself is still cold but once it warms up it's pretty well where it's supposed to be.

I spent quite a bit of time tuning the VE table in order to get the AFR correction close to 0 everywhere, then I turned off the correction across the board.

map.png

What are you changing? I've been seeing fairly consistent AFR results regardless of the weather. I think Eric's baseline air temp corrections pretty much take care of it. I will see a little bit of variation while the engine itself is still cold but once it warms up it's pretty well where it's supposed to be.

I spent quite a bit of time tuning the VE table in order to get the AFR correction close to 0 everywhere, then I turned off the correction across the board.

View attachment 260106

It seems I adjust the cell then tweak the VE some and seems hot temp causes my worst fluctuations , I keep my correction on all the time

Idle or cruise point?
My idle is the one that gives me the most trouble , cruising seems to be fine , I am running a TB 400 if that makes a difference . It seem heat as a lot of factor in the way the tuning stays or not .

What does the VE map look like around idle?

It's tempting to set it up to look sorta flat, but it will work better if it has some slope from cell to cell. 2-2.5% moving up or down between the cells that are 5KPa apart and 5-7% change moving between the 10KPa cells. And 7-10% change going from 800 to 1000RPM.