You can type here any text you want

Search for Stage II motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Larry

Posted this in Parts Wanted- thought it might get a response here. "A very good friend of mine is looking for a stage II motor. Off center, preferably with heads. He currently does not have access to the internet to post and check on availability. He lives in Buffalo NY- anything available out there? " Larry

jeez, i was hoping it was my father that was looking larry :)

you know he would love one of those

Originally posted by Larry
Posted this in Parts Wanted- thought it might get a response here. "A very good friend of mine is looking for a stage II motor. Off center, preferably with heads. He currently does not have access to the internet to post and check on availability. He lives in Buffalo NY- anything available out there? " Larry
This a strange coincedence I was up in that area supporting a customer by the name of Mike Decker last spring & bought a stage II off center motor from there. I didn't look at it too close because it came highly endorsed by a well known Buick guru. When I got it home & took a good look I almost fainted. Between that & my header experience for that same motor I now remember why I gave up racing. Just be careful what you buy. Theres a lot of junk out there.

Re: Re: Search for Stage II motor

Originally posted by turbolou
This a strange coincedence I was up in that area supporting a customer by the name of Mike Decker last spring & bought a stage II off center motor from there. I didn't look at it too close because it came highly endorsed by a well known Buick guru. When I got it home & took a good look I almost fainted. Between that & my header experience for that same motor I now remember why I gave up racing. Just be careful what you buy. Theres a lot of junk out there.

Lou what was wrong with it. :confused:

What's out there? How about blocks with thin cylinders, core shift, crazy bearing journal diameters, odd ball deck height, off center casting #'s with on-center bores(I have one), blocks that were pulled off the line at Buick for quality reasons and slid out the back door, just to name a few things to look for.

Buyers beware of the "good" deal blocks, there is usually a reason why.

Good lesson: If you buy a block that has been used, you should get a supporting sonic test done and have the block dimensionally checked out, of course at your expense, but it could be a cheap insurance policy.

Back