Seen the new "new" billet tensioner?

It does look nice except for the cheap plastic pulley.

It should have a metal pulley like the original, they don't cost much and it would look better and last longer

Interesting, Almost $200 less than the ones that were offered in the group buy recently. Obviously a different manufacturer though. Plastic pulley is fine since a lot of people would just replace it with a custom one or the stock one. Keeps the cost down I guess.

I had a chance to polish mine over the weekend. Came out nice and wasn't too difficult. I also used a cutting disc to remove material to make way for the RJC pulley.

Original plan was to have it ceramic coated but the manufacturer wanted $100 for assembly/reassembly + shipping.

image.jpg

The difference is more like $130, plus you get a nice billet pulley instead of a plastic one.

The nice pulley is worth $40-50?So, really a $75-80 difference.

Looking back I would have wanted the option to opt out of the pulley to bring the price down.

http://ebay.to/1uIosTm

id like to keep an eye on this....Subscribed..

I know in the other thread there was mention of the pulley interference. Where does it contact? I have black gn1 pulley's.

The one in the initial post is $299.95 complete vs. the other one in the link posted by "turbo clam" at $420. without pulley…! :eek:…I'd like to buy one but don't want to get ripped off so until I know the difference between both, I'm going to wait. I see that the first one is made by "White Racing & Marine" (never heard of them) and the ad for the second one says "New Age Racing Parts"…never heard of them either! ...:confused:
Mark, I looked on your site but did not see any...o_O

Claude. :)

White's Racing and Marine has been around for awhile and make and sell some buick parts. Believe they have an external oil pump setup they make as well.

I do not sell any tensioners. I did buy one for my GN during the group purchase. Appears there is another version now available.

I would have like to purchase mine without pulley also. First thing I did was remove to add my RJC pulley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKK......I just bought a used one for $200 and I don't even have it yet in my hands yet.
I got two with missing ears that are good...and another on the car that is clacking.....getn my ass kicked by this car lately.

Several mfgrs of idlers for the LS engines...No spring to break, no rattles. Put the tension on the belt that you want lock it down...Last 1 I bought was alum, used stock pulley....About $200.
No reason they couldn't make them for the Buicks.....

Do you guys think there's a difference in quality between the two which "turboclam" posted? Appearance-wise, I think the second one looks better…(y)
I don't mind not getting a pulley with it, I already have some billet ones…

Claude. :)

I think the first one looks better, but quality wise I dont have a clue...

Bryan

I emailed the seller and it is Dan from Whites racing that is selling them. I'm giving him a call tomorrow see if he can ship it a different way to Canada and I'll post some pictures of it when it gets here.

Brandon.