You can type here any text you want

selective thrust washer for center section endplay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RA3Goat

I measured the center section endplay, as described in the CK manual, and I think I may need a selective thrust washer that is thicker then a #15 from the list below. Would this much endplay imply that a part needs to be replaced? If so, what part? The thrust washer between the center support and direct drum looks ok. I've heard I could put a shim behind it, or use 2?
I can make my own selective washer; would Delrin work? Is there any real thrust load placed on this washer?
Thanks.

Attachments

• selective thrust washer - center section endplay.JPG
    selective thrust washer - center section endplay.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 141
It turned out I needed a thrust washer that was 0.160", so I added a brass washer behind one, then sanded the face of the plastic until it was right where I wanted it.
I'm still slightly worried why I would need such a thick washer, but I don't see any reason it won't work.
Has anyone else ever had to do this?

Sometimes the center support is machined too deep.Agood check for theis is to install the 2 drums on the support with all washers and push down on the forward drum and try to lift the direct,if it lifts there was extra material machined off of it.

Chris, I'm not sure I'm picturing that right. When you say "Sometimes the center support is machined too deep." you must be referring to the side the direct drum comes in contact with. So if I assemble the center section (clutches removed?) on the table (center support on bottom, direct drum, then forward drum on top), then press down on the forward drum (so it contacts the table?), the direct drum should not be able to move, correct?
I measured the washer between the center support and the direct drum, it was 0.60". This washer should affect the endplay too, but that is not it's intended function.
Thanks.

Back