Self made Double pumper Question

vader87

Protected Freedom for 27 years! Thank a Veteran!
Had an idea and would like some feedback. I just purchased a Walbro 340 and hotwire kit. Would it be worth adding my stock fuel pump and making a double pumper setup. Is it posible? My mods are in my signature. Also for those who have made a double pumper, what did you do to set it up? Thanks!

Main thing is wiring and sealing it... I ripped the old wiring out and made a new sealed connector with larger wires and better ground... Also test the orientations of the pumps and make sure 1: that combo can fit in the tank, 2: it doesnt interfere with the sender arm, 3:you weld another bottom ring on the return tube to hold the second pump... i used heavy steel wire.

Also, with the pumps i had, i needed to "nudge" the hole in the tank with a large diameter peice of pipe and hammer about 1/8" to be able to fit it - you can get away with a little extra, just dont over do it, the seal wont seal. Also, make sure you put the "nudge" in the right spot on the hole.

As for if you need it, well if you dont have the line to support 2 pumps, then i think it'll be kinda pointless. Or if you plan on upgrading it in the future, then just dont trigger one of the pumps.

Phil

Do you mean you want to pair a stock pump and a 340? Won't flow like a double pumper is intended to flow. You need two 340s.

I mean one 340 and my stock pump. Will it increas the volume of fuel?

IMO if you're going to the trouble of adding another pump then why not go with another 340...the stock pump is weak...even when new...

Because I am a cheap Ba$tard! I was just curious thats all. Yea $100 for a 340 is pretty cheap insurance!

Exactly $100 isn't that much...looks like you have spent some bucks on your combo...so why go cheap on a part that important...