Sending Unit for Temp/Oil Gauge

Bpeete

Hey everyone...doing minor upgrades to 87 GN again....I bought the packages from Kirban for the oil and temp gauges and went to a very good mechanic I trust. He said he couldn't install the gauges unless he wanted me to have him disconnect the idiot lights on the dashboard because my engine only has a sending unit with one port for oil and temp. Anyone know where I can get sending units with at least two ports so I can get the gauges installed in the cockpit while keeping the dashboard warning lights operational?
- Brian

Check out the Pictures on March 21, Engine Tech Section; Title: Pre-Lube Oil Installed You will see That I installed a brass tee fitting for the pre-lube system and at the end I also installed a oil pressure sending unit. There is a information link for the pre-lube system which work great; this system prevent dry start up.

Check out the Pictures on March 21, Engine Tech Section; Title: Pre-Lube Oil Installed You will see That I installed a brass tee fitting for the pre-lube system and at the end I also installed a oil pressure sending unit. There is a information link for the pre-lube system which work great; this system prevent dry start up.
can you post a link?

Sorry, I guess I was overwhelmed for doing allot of work on my 87' GN, especially replacing the rear main seal since this was the first time doing a job like this. Also the Pre-Lube Oil System which works great, no more dry start up. Here is the link, pictures, and web site for information of the pre-lube oil system. I'm in the process of installing a timer to trap the highest oil pressure in the accumulator tank, and I will place a picture of completion.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/engine-tech/313903-pre-lube-system-installed.html