Sensor's effect on fueling/timing

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Dumb question what sensor has effect on fuel and or timing? IAT or CLT temp sensor
I notice my car gets a little funky when up to operating temp150/160 degrees she goes a little up and down on rpm's sounds like she gets richer, Is it CLT temp which is having effect on the fuel map or intake air temp sensor, what exactly do these sensors do in the ECM,
I really don't know how the map's are setup is it when it reaches operating temp they get richer at idle to obtain a smoother idle? Or is it something else

Well thats the thing, the chip is setup to run open loop till a certain temp im assuming.. Then switches over to closed loop and then she adjust's but in that closed loop transition does clt or iat really do any effect on the fuel?

Im thinking its just a 02 rdg with maf & adjusts to the w.e the fuel map is setup for. What does the computer do with IAT and CLT temp?

IAT cant really do anything when the turbo spools up and hot air is pressurized into the cooler and into the engine? So what is it used for?

Air temp sensor, Oxygen sensor, and Coolant Temp sensors all play a role in fueling. The timing is scaled based on engine load, so the MAF plays into it as well. Also, CCCI handshake plays a major role.

IAT regulates idle air, commanded by the ECM, and works to balance idle AF and RPM. The Coolant sensor tells the ECM when it's time to move into closed loop, and its signal will affect fueling across the board.

i hate opening a hole on my filter i just feel that looks ridiculous, then taping it up doesnt look favorable... would the IAT sensor not being in the filter /premaf make a significant difference? I have mine Ziptied near the filter out of sight...

i hate opening a hole on my filter i just feel that looks ridiculous, then taping it up doesnt look favorable... would the IAT sensor not being in the filter /premaf make a significant difference? I have mine Ziptied near the filter out of sight...

Get a little intercooler piping and do this:

Eric has some good articles on his website under the "Downloads" tab. Look for the articles by Dennis Leek. It goes really in depth on what the ECM does with open/closed loop stuff.

If your using a TT regular chip (not the SD2), Eric says the IAT is not a big factor.