You can type here any text you want

Sequence for the do it yourselfer Stage II project?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Hello,
I am starting to make moves towards building my Stage II project. I really only have some idea of a sequence to building this project (Thanks Billy Anderson). I need all you guys that know how to do this like the back of their hand to go way far back to when they first tried this and had no idea how to do this. It would even be better if those of you who did a Stage II project as their first big car project gave a run down. My head is just spinning with all the option. Need as much detail as you can give me. Things like which engine part make the biggest impact on the other engine parts that you get, is it the turbo, the heads and so on, same questions about suspension…….and so on about every thing else? Hope my questions are easy to understand. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT APPRECIATED!!!!

Best regards,
Jason

Jason,

There are a couple things I would like to know from you before I give you my 2cents.

Will this be on your existing car?
Do you have aftermarket headers for the stock style heads?

You will need to pick a tuner to do your start up program!
The hardest thing you will have to find is a good forged crank.

You may be in trouble if you plan on keeping your tranny or intercooler from the existing car in your sig.

Give me some more info and I will help you as best as I can.

Hey John, thanks for the help so far. I'm REALLY sleepy, so I'm going to just run down your "Q"

(1) existing car
(2) stock style heads
(3) not keeping the trans, going to TH400 or some thing else
(4) would like to keep the Cotton FMIC, like it a lot, by open minded

Jason

Suspension:
-I would go with a full Wolfe Racecraft Suspension if it is going to be more of a track/street car.
-If you want more of a street/track car maybe consider the HR Products
-QA1 make some good adjustable shocks
-you may want to try the new chris alston units stock bolt in and double adjustable.

Rear End:
-(8.5) if you want to keep the stock rear go with 33 spline axles and clip eliminators or even better 9 inch bearing ends! I spool would be a good choice at that performance level and it will save you some money. The stock 3.42 gears should work out for you
-9 inch go with the 35 spline axels and spool with w 3.5 or 3.6 gear.

Engine:
-Solid Roller Cam between 236 and 250 @ .50
Bill Anderson can help you with all this
-Oliver or Carillo rods
-JE pistons
-Duttweiler oil system
-good crank 3.59 or 3.625

Turbo/exhaust
-you will want a 76 to 88mm compressor
-think about 3.5 to 4.5inch down pipe.

Jason you can email me if you want me to bore you with more details!
:D

1 more item....

Add this to the list..... $50K in the bank.... Ask me how I know!!:eek:

Re: 1 more item....

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
Add this to the list..... $50K in the bank.... Ask me how I know!!:eek:

NO doubt! He must have come into some money, since he was the guy just weeks ago trying to go 10's for like $2600 or something.

Dude, if this is your first motor, build a stock block. Don't screw up a perfectly good stage motor. Or have someone build you a stage motor. All you have to do is screw up once and you will have saved money having a pro do it.

TS6,
I may have Billy do the engine...........I was just trying to do most myself. so that if I need to fix it, I can.

As for the money, got some. It is going to still be a 3-4 year project. I started my full time engineering job about 6 weeks ago. Still a lot of things ahead of the car, like getting a house, but starting pay as an ME is not bad.

John,
It would be nice to talk, would it be alright to call some time? Just think that there is SOooooooo much to talk about, email is going to move very slowly.

Thanks,
Jason

Back