You can type here any text you want

serpentine belt tensioner bearing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87geeinn

Buick and AMG pilot
Anyone know where I can locate the bearing (or part #) for the bearing on the serpentine belt tensioner. Mine's starting to act the fool. Any tips/how to's on the install?

Did some more digging in the threads:

Is P6203-2RSJ the correct one?

Same as the brg in the alternator...That may make it easier to find.

I bought a replacement bearing (pulley) from Advanced Auto. Stock item. The bolt you use to move the adjuster to put/take the belt on/off holds the pulley on. Once you have the belt off, remove the bolt and the bearing / pulley will come off. Put the new pulley on. Tighten the bolt. Replace the belt and be on your way. Very easy to do. Here is a link to the part.

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

I think he just wants the bearing...you don't need to replace the pulley...remove the pulley and take it to an alt repair shop...they will have what you need and replace it for you if you want...or you can just buy one and do it yourself...knock out the old one and tap the new one in using a big socket...you want to make sure to tap on the bearings outer edge so you don't damage it...also take your time and tap it in slow...make sure it's going in straight...

k, thanks for the install tips. I will try NAPA and see what I can come up with.

Breiter, thanks for the part #. It's several dollars more than the bearing all by itself, but I may just go that route if I can't find just the bearing.

bearing NAPA

k, thanks for the install tips. I will try NAPA and see what I can come up with.

Breiter, thanks for the part #. It's several dollars more than the bearing all by itself, but I may just go that route if I can't find just the bearing.

NAPA----
Just the bearing---P6203LUC3 (NAPA part number) Around 4 bucks....

NAPA----
second that. I changed mine a few months ago that is the exact part number I bought from Napa.

NAPA----

can you double check that part number...i went ot NAPA today and they said it was not a good number......:confused: thanks for your help

From another thread.

P6203-2RSJ - $3.29 Idler bearing and Alt bearing

They shoulda been able to find it with P6203 in the computer.

NAPA----

My Bad :eek: .....this was the # that was on the old bearing. BUT like what has been said-----The Napa stores around me can find the bearing with ONLY the P6203-------sometimes!!!!!

correct part #

The correct part NAPA part # is P6203RSJ. It was $3.xx something.

Back