You can type here any text you want

Serpentine belt

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hemi8

Goin Sideways
I am looking for the TTA serpentine belt but its no longer available through GM. Does anyone know of an aftermarket belt that will fit properly (the GN belt is too long).
Mike

I got mine from Autozone, just took off the original belt and went down and let them measure it, just make sure you get one 1/2" shorter. The original is 64" and you need 63.5", The one I used is a Kelly Springfield 635K6 (63.5" with 6 Ribs)

HTH

I just bought an original one on Ebay last weekend..theyre tough to find..

Let us know how the autozone works out..

Well I would have to say it works perfectly, better than stock. As you know, the original belt puts the idler pulley extremely close to the A/C pulley and mine was actually rubbing at idle and the Kelley belt puts the idler about 3/4 of an inch away.

Actually the GM belt is shorter than the KS belt, by a little more than a 1/4 inch. GM is 1605mm, KS is 1613mm. Your stock one was just stretched.:)

ok, Just to make sure, I double checked and according to Russ Salerno at www.89tta.com "Barking" or "knocking" sound under acceleration
Check the serpentine belt tensioner pulley. Most likely it is making contact with the air conditioner pulley. The original TTA serpentine belt was slightly longer than optimal . GM recommends p/n 12399983 as a replacement. It is 16mm shorter than the original which yields an full inch of clearance between the tensioner and the a/c pulleys

and what I experienced the belt that is listed for the TTA was also 64" so thats why I bought the 63.5" belt (and yes I did have to fight with the guy behind the counter that his computer was wrong and I was right)

Back