SG1 vs. "109"

Originally posted by 86brick
Rich loves you he just doesn't know how to show it (this is probably because his mother did not breast feed him or something like that):D :eek: ;)

>>> Louie,

Best of luck in TSM even tho you probably don't or won't need it as I'm sure you'll kick some butt and have lots of fun doing it.

Brick you're right about the breast fed thing.....lol........bottle fed probably why I ain't got no hair........lol.

Originally posted by Wht87T
I guess people have no faith in the underdawg....:(

un·der·dog (ndr-dôg, -dg)

1.One that is expected to lose a contest or struggle, as in sports or politics.

2.One that is at a disadvantage.

No one expects you to loose :confused:

and you are certainly not at a disadvantage.;)

And lets just chill this out before it gets deleted

Louie L.

Hey man, no hard feelings here. Just a little fun thats all.:D

Originally posted by Louie L.
un·der·dog (ndr-dôg, -dg)

1.One that is expected to lose a contest or struggle, as in sports or politics.

2.One that is at a disadvantage.

>>>> Louie,
Nice use of Webster's used it a few times in the past myself quite a handy reference tool:)

Originally posted by Buicksx2
>>>> Louie,
Nice use of Webster's used it a few times in the past myself quite a handy reference tool:)

Ya but only because you cant spell:D Were my template? < Did Jim drop the ball as usual?
Otto

Ya but only because you cant spell Were my template? < Did Jim drop the ball as usual?

>>>>>> Please don't drag me in this one, Stay over in the tranny section Kissing up :eek: :D .

No ball dropping here pal........

John,

Good luck with the car this year..

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Ya but only because you cant spell:D Were my template? < Did Jim drop the ball as usual?
Otto

>>> Jim just asked me if I had a template.........I told him yeah and he said OK, that was the extent of the conversation I didn't know you wanted it...........2 dollars.

Originally posted by cool 84
As far as I know the stage I is more closely related to a stageII block than a stocker. Way more material in the main webbing, can be drilled for 4 bolt mains, cam moved higher in the block to clear stroker cranks, and all around beefier. Looking in the Buick Powersource book, it also weighs a bit more than a 109 block. It's been a long time since I've seen one but I think it has the material there for the extra head bolts too. I've heard it's basically a stageII block minus the extra machine work.

I'm very interested in Any more information about the SG1 block you may find in your power source book....How much more does it weigh than the stock block? I just bought a spare TTA block....Its an SG1 block :eek:

I'm just conjecturing here, but could it be that the SG1 "Service" engines were put in all the TTA's? Could this be another little known difference between the TTA and GN engines ;)

A reliable master mechanic friend of mine says that many of the GM blocks made in Canada (from the 50's on) were more beefy than blocks made this side of the border....Was the SG1 block made in Canada?

TIA :)

Originally posted by JRSGN
>>>>>> Please don't drag me in this one, Stay over in the tranny section Kissing up :eek: :D .

No ball dropping here pal........

John,

Good luck with the car this year..

Easy mister Romanello, You will be kissing up the the tranny god of stratford right soon my friend:cool:

By the way if anyone is intereested i have an SG1 block that is standard bore, Has surface rust but is mint low miler
Otto

Jim's been kissing up to alot of people around here lately and you know who I am talking about Jim;)