"SH" (or is it "HS" ?) white plastic emblem

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I've always wondered what does the white, round plastic emblem with the letters "HS" (or "SH") mounted on the rear frame rails, more easily visible with the rear wheels removed, mean? I've seen some cars with them and some others without...I bought my car new and it doesn't have them but over the years, I've seen them on a lot of other cars...Someone knows what they're for?

Claude. :confused:

I dont know what it means but my car has it and is a US car and your car is a canadian car

Mine is a Canadian car and it has them. I still use the KMH speedo too. :)

I don't know what it means, though.

How can you tell if our GN is USA or Canadian car?

The only differences (that I know of) between a Canadian and a US car are:

1° - The metric vs. miles speedometer and odometer (Note that digital dashes were not offered in Canada),
2° - The body number plate located under the hood, on the panel above the wiper motor is different,
3° - The door jamb stickers (located on the driver's door) and also the sticker on top of the a/c evaporator case (under the hood) are different.

Claude. :wink:

The only differences (that I know of) between a Canadian and a US car are:

1° - The metric vs. miles speedometer and odometer (Note that digital dashes were not offered in Canada),
2° - The body number plate located under the hood, on the panel above the wiper motor is different,
3° - The door jamb stickers (located on the driver's door) and also the sticker on top of the a/c evaporator case (under the hood) are different.

Claude. :wink:
I just checked the driver side rear wheel well and I do have a round disc or tag with "SH" emblem. Also my car has digital Dash displacement.

That is the Initials of the sub contractor for GM that made the frames, but for the life of me I can't remember the full name. The tag is mounted upside down from what I hear. Reason being that the frames were assembled upside down.

That is the Initials of the sub contractor for GM that made the frames, but for the life of me I can't remember the full name. The tag is mounted upside down from what I hear. Reason being that the frames were assembled upside down.

Mmmm...sounds logical...but why do some cars have them and some others don't (like mine)? Could it be that some of the frames have been made elsewhere?

Claude. :smile:

my car has that badge, and the 86 Monte SS i had last year had a similar tag with different letters.
i'd guess they put them on every frame and that there is a corresponding box on the build sheet for the car that it should match. i'd guess that some of them got knocked off during the manufacturing process.