You can type here any text you want

Shane Stack's EZ Street Monte running 5.05 @150mph..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Dusty, can't wait to see yours run.... Get'er done!

BTW, how far are you from Pensacola, FL?

Ray

Same here, Dusty's car has a similar build-up (stock suspension, 295 Radial, single 106mm on a SB2 headed 400+" SBC, Glide, etc.) so this video is kinda like a preview of what we can expect to see:biggrin:

Dusty, can't wait to see yours run.... Get'er done!

BTW, how far are you from Pensacola, FL?

Ray

I'm working on it. Downpipe will be finished this week. Short block is ready for assembly. I'm dropping the hot parts off at the coater's on the way to BG so it won't be too long.

I'm about 6 hrs away from Pensacola. I have family down there that live near some all girl school:)

We have a race or two in South GA. Albany GA is coming up but I won't make it.
We have a race in Montgomery AL next month I should make but it will be close.

Shane called with some good news. He had 80% leakdown on 4 holes with a leaking headgasket. New rings, headgaskets and a more aggressive tune-up

4.88 at 158 Friday night at Huntsville in ORSCA trim.

wow

Shane called with some good news. He had 80% leakdown on 4 holes with a leaking headgasket. New rings, headgaskets and a more aggressive tune-up

That is awesome. My other favorite car. SS monte turbo small block is perfect. Thanks for the pics and info everyone.

Sick

WOW, 4.88 @158 MPH!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Where are those BBC Alky/Procharged cars now??:biggrin: ;) LOL I think it's safe to say Shane has them covered!:cool:

Reese will have some home work to do. He set the record at 4.90 so he's close. And trust me, that BBC Mustang eases out of the gate. It's got .80's in it also but they'll need help to find it. Our local guy Alan Dudley tunes the MFI system on Reese's car. Dudley also is the reason the car ran the 4.90 pass due to his work with the 7531 box. If they end up paying Dudley to totally tune the car I bet we'll see mid 80's from the BBC F3 ride.

Seeing Shane's set-up work so well makes me feel much better about my choice.

lol

WOW, 4.88 @158 MPH!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Where are those BBC Alky/Procharged cars now??:biggrin: ;) LOL I think it's safe to say Shane has them covered!:cool:

IDK about the procharged big block alky cars, but there is a local bb twin turbo camaro that will be up and going in the next few weeks that should be a he11 of a ride. :eek:

Reese will have some home work to do. He set the record at 4.90 so he's close. And trust me, that BBC Mustang eases out of the gate. It's got .80's in it also but they'll need help to find it. Our local guy Alan Dudley tunes the MFI system on Reese's car. Dudley also is the reason the car ran the 4.90 pass due to his work with the 7531 box. If they end up paying Dudley to totally tune the car I bet we'll see mid 80's from the BBC F3 ride.

Seeing Shane's set-up work so well makes me feel much better about my choice.

Dusty, just out of curiosity what was the MPH on Reese's 4.90 pass?? That is a sick ride he has for sure, but there's just something I like about Shane getting it done with a SBC and probably the fact that it's a G-body:biggrin:

Also, it's interesting to note that Jason Adron's red twin turbo Foxbody Stang that was the first to run 200 MPH on Radials ran 160 MPH in the 1/8 on that pass so Shane's ride is in that neighborhood as well:eek: Speaking of that do you think Shane will ever run his out the back end~ 1/4 mile??

Dusty, you gonna be in Atlanta this weekend? I'm going hopefully all 3 days.

Dusty, just out of curiosity what was the MPH on Reese's 4.90 pass?? That is a sick ride he has for sure, but there's just something I like about Shane getting it done with a SBC and probably the fact that it's a G-body:biggrin:

Also, it's interesting to note that Jason Adron's red twin turbo Foxbody Stang that was the first to run 200 MPH on Radials ran 160 MPH in the 1/8 on that pass so Shane's ride is in that neighborhood as well:eek: Speaking of that do you think Shane will ever run his out the back end~ 1/4 mile??

We've talked about making the trip to Orlando. The car is only certed to 8.50. It's hard to take that kind of car to near 200 mph just because we all know things can go wrong. On a track as notorious as Orlando doesn't help either. We have talked about some test passes at Memphis or a nice 1/4 facility.

Plowboy72. My sister got married so I missed the ORSCA event.

We've talked about making the trip to Orlando. The car is only certed to 8.50. It's hard to take that kind of car to near 200 mph just because we all know things can go wrong. On a track as notorious as Orlando doesn't help either. We have talked about some test passes at Memphis or a nice 1/4 facility.

Plowboy72. My sister got married so I missed the ORSCA event.

I don't blame him at all if he is nervous about taking the car to near 200 MPH especially without the car being up to cert. Hell, Adron's brother was lucky to walk away with his life after running 201 at Bradenton:eek:

It would be cool to see though as long as he would be able to do it safely!:cool:

Back