She left me stranded! need help with fuel pump

Looks like it was rusted/corroded at the connection. I feel good about saying that could have caused resistance in the circuit and created an overload. I don't think you would have burnt, it just would pop a fuse somewhere sooner than later. I have a spare that I used on a project, not perfect but clean. If you want it I can send it to you.

man that would be great,if i bought a new sending unit im guessing they come with the wires right?
i will gladly take the spare one u have if its not too much trouble,want me to paypal u anything or shipping cost,let me know a can email or pm u my address. u guys are awesome.

John do you have both sides of that connection ? Because he will need a new bulk head connector (yellow through tank connection). I had one go bad on my car and on my '92 GMC pick up. I got one from Racetronix for my car.

click his name under his avatar and then in the window that comes up click start a conversation

I had the same thing happen to me last summer. I changed the walbro pump out to a detchwerks pump melted the plastic then insulated the pins..

I could have avoided it all together by changing the in tank harness when I had the tank down to change the pump...

I haven't had an issue with the racetronix harness drove with it all summer no problems....

when you say racetronic harness,are u talking about the intake harness,im looking at maybe buing a racetronix sending unit,do they come with a new intake harness,i assume they do

There wasn't any issues with my sender so changing just the in tank harness worked for me..

I suppose either will work for you if your sender is still working.

If you do change just the harness securing the bulkhead connector to the sender is easy to do with a deep socket ( I think 1/2" or 9/16" forget the size)

Yea, I have both sides. It ohm'd out nice. He'll need to use his old retainer though. Maybe the o-ring too, mine is a little old.

i have power coming from the main power wire to the hot wire relay,checked it with test light,there is not power coming out of the hot wire relay to the fuel pump, the factory wires on the plug back at the fuel tank do not have power
u only have power at the back for a few seconds