She's running a little hot....

cwelk87gn

XCELR8S
OK I searched around the forum and couldn't find a good answer that applied to me, so here goes. Just put a brand new GM radiator, hoses, RMI25 with distilled water and a shot of Water Wetter in the GN and she was running nice and cool(around 175). Today I went to lunch and was sitting in traffic 95 degrees outside with the A/C on and the temp crept up to around 200. I have a Caspers fan controller and set it on High also. What do ya'll think? Once I got going the temp went back down to 182 which doesn't really bother me but 200 does. Thanks

Sitting still in that kind of heat (probably with matching humidity) doesn't surprise me. Maybe try a higher flow water pump, but even at 200 you're still in the "acceptable" range. Only other thing I could think of is if the belt is loose and not truning the pump fast enough.

i really wouldn't worry, im the same way though, mine has a 4 core bigger radiator, new water pump, 160* thermostat and all and it cruises down the high way even in the 90+ heat at and humidity at 165 around here but if i get stuck in traffic even with the high fan on, it creeps to 190 -200. I'm gonna try some RMI25 but its still cooler than the cars ran from the factory

I'll second getting the ramchargers dual fan. Should drop you a good 10 degrees or more I'd think. I got worried with my temps when I was told my chip pulled timing when temp got above 195 degrees. Doh! :eek:

190-200 is normal without a RC fan. Some still run these higher temps with a RC fan and a front mount.

I run 190 with the stock fan on high and the original radiator.

It might be 98 outside but the pavement is 120 or higher. And that is the air temp going through the radiator/ intercooler.

Yeah, I thought about the Ramchargers fan setup. How plug and play are they? Do you have to fab brackets and chop up the factory wiring harness or is it fairly simple?

RC fans

I third the fans. They make a big difference. Ive never seen over 173....even with the AC on. Mounting is fairly simple. You will have to modify the fan a bit....but not your car. Youll prolly just have to cut the 4 "ears" off the fan....then it should sit flush against the radiator. Using some home depot aluminum strips, you could use the factory fan mounts up by the AC lines.

Just an FYI...

Our fan is on special this month. Buy the fan for $79.99 and you pretty much get the plug in adaptor for free :)

Here are pics of my install. I followed the same path as Stickybones (he has a nice MS Word doc detailing the install). Basically you take the stock bracket off the old fan, attach it to the new fans, adjust the angle (read: bend it in a vise) and bolt it in. Then you just fabricate the tabs to clamp it in place out of a piece of flat stock.

Mine didn't fit in between the tanks - didn't seem like it was close enough to grind down to make fit. So I just left it overhanging the RH tank a bit. Still seals pretty tight to the radiator.

I haven't figured out where to put my alky bottle yet. The CAS V4 IC doesn't leave me any room on the sides.

If you get a 423 Locked error I apologized in advance. It seems to be a random error. I need to call that in to my ISP:

http://www.turbojimmy.com/rcfans-1.jpg
http://www.turbojimmy.com/rcfans-2.jpg
http://www.turbojimmy.com/rcfans-3.jpg

Jim

Originally posted by cwelk87gn
RMI25 with distilled water and a shot of Water Wetter in the GN

If you're using RMI25, you're wasting money on Water Wetter. RMI-25 does the same thing as water wetter plus it has a lot of other good things in it that Water Wetter doesn't have.

HTH
David
87GN

Originally posted by Dave@ramcharger
Just an FYI...

Our fan is on special this month. Buy the fan for $79.99 and you pretty much get the plug in adaptor for free :)

Tell me more:D