You can type here any text you want

shift point with a 218/218

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1240

CAMEL TOE
just wondering what is a good shift point.i would be running a 218/218 rollor cam, stroker crank ,gtq70,race ported heads and intake.
thanks jim

just wondering what is a good shift point.i would be running a 218/218 roller cam, stroker crank ,gtq70,race ported heads and intake.
thanks jim

~6200 should be in the ball park.

~6200 should be in the ball park.

sounds about right to me...

set the trans up with an olds KC valve body and a BR governor and a good converter and she'll hit that shiftpoint all by herself.

I bet when you strap it to a chassis dyno you will see max power in between 6 to 7 thousand RPM, if they are aluminum heads and a solid roller cam. Power won't fall off as it reaches 7:biggrin:

Your set up sounds very similiar to another one I am very famialiar with;)

I bet when you strap it to a chassis dyno you will see max power in between 6 to 7 thousand RPM, if they are aluminum heads and a solid roller cam. Power won't fall off as it reaches 7:biggrin:

Your set up sounds very similiar to another one I am very famialiar with;)

i am runing aluminum heads ported to the max and o/ring with hyd roller.
what kinda of times does the similer car run and who tuned it?

Id be shifting around 6000 and if the converter was good it will pull to 6000+ @140+mph in 3rd.

Id be shifting around 6000 and if the converter was good it will pull to 6000+ @140+mph in 3rd.

My converter is a real art car 3800.i was going to switch to PTC but know someone who ran them both, and told me to save my money and stick with the art car.the heads and intake came off a car called the six shooter that supose to have ran real well.

i am runing aluminum heads ported to the max and o/ring with hyd roller.
what kinda of times does the similer car run and who tuned it?

Considering it is a hydraulic roller cam I suggest setting the shift light at 6200.

Cal Hartline is heavily involved in the car I am speeking of. It is a stock block car which has bean pretty deep into the nines;)

Sounds like you got an awesome set up, best of lick to you reaching your goals.

Back