You can type here any text you want

Shocks and Struts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iwantatta

Looking to get some advice on replacing my Shocks, Struts and springs. Mine seem to be worn a little as i have a pretty bouncy ride. Or maybe i'm just use to my stiff suspension on my WRX that keeps me tight to the rode.

Looking at either the Konis or the bilsteins. Will also be replacing the springs with probably the Global West springs. I'm guessing that adjustable maybe nice as it will be able to compensate for different spring rates.

The car is pretty much stock but i'd like to tighten the suspension up some more.

Decided to get the Bilsteins. Anybody ever replace the coil springs?

Don't want to really lower it anymore and don't want to have to cut the springs.

Suggestions?

iwantatta said:
Decided to get the Bilsteins. Anybody ever replace the coil springs?

Don't want to really lower it anymore and don't want to have to cut the springs.

Suggestions?

why would you have to cut the springs? Should be able to just use some spring compressors to get them on and off. The Bilsteins should fit the stock springs just fine.

72firebird said:
why would you have to cut the springs? Should be able to just use some spring compressors to get them on and off. The Bilsteins should fit the stock springs just fine.

Sorry for the confusion. I was looking for replacement springs also. I've noticed by searching on this board that the GN guys use the Moog springs and cut them to fit properly.

Just don't want to have to get replacement springs and cut them to fit properly.

Maybe people just don't replace the springs on these cars and the bilsteins tighten things up enough. I just don't like the bouncy feeling i'm getting. If i'm going 40-50 mph and hit a dip, it seems to take awhile for it to settle.

Summit sells Moog stock replacements for the F-Body rear. Takes less than an hour or so to pop the old ones out and the new ones in. Cost is like $60.00 a pair.

Isnt the top bolt of the rear shocks under the carpet of the hatch area?

Jason

Back