You can type here any text you want

shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WeSS

I gotz 2 sub woofers
what is the best shock for a very good ride & very friendly at the dragstrip? I have had billsteins, kyb, & those seem to be for a car you want to handle good. I run weld draglite 15's & dont care about handling.

Wes 87 Turbo T said:
what is the best shock for a very good ride & very friendly at the dragstrip? I have had billsteins, kyb, & those seem to be for a car you want to handle good. I run weld draglite 15's & dont care about handling.

all you need is a set of air shocks for the rear and then pump them up to the max !! :D

do you know where I can get some from? I heard acme has the best :biggrin: :p

Wes 87 Turbo T said:
do you know where I can get some from? I heard acme has the best :biggrin: :p
----------------------------------------
nope, Gabriel hi-jackers hands down.

the acme thing is just a little inside joke between treys gn & razor. I was just picking back. So what kind of shock do you reccomend? I want something to ride good around town & be track friendly. No billsteins, kyb,etc. Already tried those. Thanks

If your car is a street strip car you can go with the Lakewood drag shocks. If you need cheaper than that, the Summit drag shocks used to be pretty cheap.

Are you sure the drag shocks will be good for street? I am putting this rhpsi built engine in soon & plan on pushing it hard. But still take it to the local car shows, strips, etc.

Ever try air bags that go into your rear coil springs?

I've known those are good for traction and not squading as much (if that's what you're lookin for)

-Adam

got air bags. Just want a good riding shock that is good for the street & strip. Thanks for the replies.

Wes 87 Turbo T said:
Are you sure the drag shocks will be good for street? I am putting this rhpsi built engine in soon & plan on pushing it hard. But still take it to the local car shows, strips, etc.

uhm,
that would be D & R (acme builders) ;)

I run the kyb's and don't seem to have a problem, had them on my old T/A too. How about some stock shocks that are tired for the front and kyb's on the back since your not concerned about handling.

I have run 90/10's and 50/50's on the street for years without a problem. There are folks that will tell you how dangerous they are but I believe they are the same lot who are into road racing. Now don't get me wrong, they feel like a 1974 Thunderbird as far as handling is concerned but for the strip they are pretty hard to beat. If you don't mind body roll and the way the front will lift and take a while longer to settle back (Weight transfer) then I believe you will be plenty happy. If the 90/10's are too much just make sure to get a decent 3-way adjustable shock and set them to either 80/20 or 70/30 and see what you think.

Jim C.

Back