You can type here any text you want

shortblock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

russ87gn

Does anyone have experience with seturbo shortblocks they seem to have decent prices or is there anyone else that builds a complete shortblock that's not too crazy on price

They advertise machine work from Grooms, here is the link...
Grooms Engines - Remanufactured Engines

I see that they don't offer the stage 3 girdled motors anymore. We sent two back because they used Holomar instead of what RJC (Right stuff)recommends for sealing the girdle.

What im really looking to do is a little better than stock rebuild I have 120k on it and quite a few oil leaks would it be better for me to do a rebuild or a shortblock im looking to stay around 3000 if at all possible

Since you are in NJ...and for the money you are looking to spend...you have Merkel Engines: Welcome to Jack Merkel Performance Engines

I have seen those guys advertised all the time in GM High Tech Magazine and work on the turbo V6 all the time.

BTW...Grooms doesn't do turbo V6 motors anymore.

thanks maybe ill give them a call i never heard of them im prett new to all of this buick stuff

Back