Should I be concerned with this bearing?

Drewster

Wish I Had A Clone. AKA Andrew Youlio
I was cleaning up my number 2 bearing thrust surface to set the clearance and with a few swipes the copper was gone in this section. Do you think I will be OK? This is already my third set
2e54baf51b3657e1430cc1881db007c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is one that I did not sand They are FM107M. Um. I may have answered my own question
c7de6b62f7d6847be0c11b742c2f20b9.jpg

Was just curious why I can see the different coatings on the thrust of a FM107M. I though I may have sanded it off but when I looked at a untouched bearing i could see the different coatings on it also near the parting line

Kinda what I thought after I saw the same pattern on the untouched bearing

3rd set? What happened to the first 2?
I put a slight bevel on the parting one on the thrust side. Allows pressurized oil to "sneak" onto the thrust surface.

The first set was a standard set and found out the line bore /hone was .001 over-sized so I couldn't use that set.
The other two sets were -1 mix and match sets. I now have 0020 - .0022 oil clearance and .007 thrust clearance.

The first set was a standard set and found out the line bore /hone was .001 over-sized so I couldn't use that set.
The other two sets were -1 mix and match sets. I now have 0020 - .0022 oil clearance and .007 thrust clearance.

Nothing wrong with those clearences. I would want my line bore within spec though--IIRC the spec is +/- .0005--someone will correct me if I am wrong. Lots of shops screwing up line bore on these engines--beware.

Back