Should I sell off the ALKY system

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
I dont use it anymore. I do have Flex Fuel enabled. I dont drag the car.

I just see it sitting there taking up space, and wiring, etc. Could do someone some good?

Sold both ours when we switched.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

everyone but the fukn northeast has E85 smh such a joke although with the added MPG loss idn if id use E85 alone. guess depends how much one drives their car

I'd drive my car more if the fuggin temperature around here would drop lower than 94*!!!!! I drive it ALOT when cooler, and I use up the fuel, but it is fun!

Pain in the ass weather makes it driving it miserable. And yes I have AC, but that is another story why I cannot get the rear washers to seal in the compressor to manifold connection.

everyone but the fukn northeast has E85 smh such a joke although with the added MPG loss idn if id use E85 alone. guess depends how much one drives their car
Im buffalo ny, and i have e85.

But since i am a hot air, i think Alky would probably be helpful gor me still.

No. Run the alky on 1....Just cracked open and leave it alone. No purging before a WOT run and no other BS. The temp drop is worth it. You can pound the crap out of the car trying to dial in suspension, tune, whatever and the car wont slouch from getting heat soaked. Also covers you in E70 situations if needed. I also can have a gas tune in seconds and turn the alky up. best of both worlds. I have run mid 10's and many many passes on the street with this setup for years. E85 doesnt cool as much as SOME people claim. i have done back to back testing. Along with Stretch IC vs Front mount IC.

No. Run the alky on 1....Just cracked open and leave it alone. No purging before a WOT run and no other BS. The temp drop is worth it. You can pound the crap out of the car trying to dial in suspension, tune, whatever and the car wont slouch from getting heat soaked. Also covers you in E70 situations if needed. I also can have a gas tune in seconds and turn the alky up. best of both worlds. I have run mid 10's and many many passes on the street with this setup for years. E85 doesnt cool as much as SOME people claim. i have done back to back testing. Along with Stretch IC vs Front mount IC.
Agree with this.
If I had to choose between 140F and 80F intake air volume temp, I know which I would take. [emoji4]

The temp drop is worth it. You can pound the crap out of the car trying to dial in suspension, tune, whatever and the car wont slouch from getting heat soaked. Also covers you in E70 situations if needed. I also can have a gas tune in seconds and turn the alky up. best of both worlds.
well said,lowering intake temps isn't discussed enough in the e85 section enough.

I also asked Cal his opinion. He commented it is good to use them both when your IDC is high/maxed. Too much to learn about isn't it? I think I am going to pay for FAST training courses in Memphis in August, I hate not being knowledgeable on things.

Last edited:
Well...since the E-85 isn't introduced until right before the air enter the cylinder head port how can anyone measure it realistically?
You can see a difference in the engine coolant temp rise during "testing" if you use very similar days to test and log. Less of a rise and at times a drop in coolant temp. What does that tell you?

Last edited:
Agree with this.
If I had to choose between 140F and 80F intake air volume temp, I know which I would take. [emoji4]

Yes but will you go any faster with that temp lowering .. if you really race your car and data log .. the answer is NO .. you won't

you can lower intake temps 25-30 degrees and you wont pick up anything on corn

Yes but will you go any faster with that temp lowering .. if you really race your car and data log .. the answer is NO .. you won't

you can lower intake temps 25-30 degrees and you wont pick up anything on corn
Fair enough.
Do you have any idea what the cross-over intake temp range is?