You can type here any text you want

SII O Ringed Block.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fatride

My S2 block has O rings, My 14 bolt GN1's have reciever grooves and use the 1007 HG's. Can I use these heads on the block? Thanks for any help..

o-ring

The block is o-ringed for a Felpro 1026 gasket. Highly doubt that the ring and groove would line up.

You will need to decide what gasket you plan to run. The reciever grooves in the block are typically used with a copper head gasket. The grooves in the head won't work with a copper gasket. Your easiest solution would be to deck the block and use the 1007 gasket. Either that or deck both and use either a 1026 or Cometic gasket.

Neal

What we have done in the past and have done to one of my own motors is talk to your machinist first and ask him what wire can he install in the o-ring groove to deck it flat. When you deck the block, it will be a minimal amount(less than a thousand), the wire will then take up the space of the groove and be true to the deck, and usually it cannot even be seen after it is decked. The wire will never cause a problem and you now can use the receiver groove gaskets your heads have been cut for. Good Luck.

Back