You can type here any text you want

Simmons OM or other 3-piece wheel experts??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
My Simmons OM rims have started leaking where the valve stem screws into the rim, given the way the valve stem makes a 90 degree bend and pokes through the spokes it can't be tightened up any without dismantling the entire rim unless there is a nut inside the rim that can be accessed by taking the tire off???

Any ideas if thats the case of does the entire rim have to be taken apart and the seals broken?

My Simmons OM rims have started leaking where the valve stem screws into the rim, given the way the valve stem makes a 90 degree bend and pokes through the spokes it can't be tightened up any without dismantling the entire rim unless there is a nut inside the rim that can be accessed by taking the tire off???

Any ideas if thats the case of does the entire rim have to be taken apart and the seals broken?

Rob,

I believe you can tighten it up from inside the rim (after breaking the tire loose). It's been a while since I looked at the inside of my rims, but I am prety certain their is a not on the backside.

Rob

Sorry Rob, but Rob's right. The tire will need to come off and it was really weird saying 2 rob's don't make a right.:D:p LOL

I found my paperwork that said "lifetime manufactures warranty" even though Simmons went out of business a few years ago...and took it to where I bought them and there was in fact a nut inside the rim and they were able to put some sealant tape on the valve stem outer threads and fix it! Thanks for the info

Back