You can type here any text you want

Simmons Wheel Torque Settings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WLDWST

I picked up a real nice set of Simmons wheels for my T yesterday from a friend. They are Simmons FR Series black 17" 3-piece wheels. Fronts are 17x8.5 and rears are 17x9.5. front 17x8.5 5x4.75 pcd-8mm offset
rear 17x9.5 5x4.75 pcd-10mm offset. The tires are Nitto Extreme's P245/45/17's front with the Mickey Thompson Drag Radial 275/40/17's rear.

They should be a drastic improvement to my car. I have always liked the way they looked on his GN. I know they will look great on my white T. The black may even stand out more. Anyway, I was just wondering what the recommended wheel nut torque settings are? I have heard that they are higher than some wheels. For those of you that run them, what do you torque the wheel lugs to?

Wow, I'd like to see those. Mine are silver and I've debated painting them black also. I torque mine to 90 lbs. They are sweet wheels.

Wow, I'd like to see those. Mine are silver and I've debated painting them black also. I torque mine to 90 lbs. They are sweet wheels.

They look pretty cool, I must admit. Initially I would have preferred a silver wheel because of the color of my car. The more I look at these though the more I like them. It's true,the quality of the these wheels is exceptional. I will post some pics of the wheels themselves for you a little later today. I am going to mount them on the car later this week.

Here you go davidf. A few pics of the wheels alone. I am going from a nice set of four front GTA's to these.

Attachments

• DSC00665 (Large).jpg
    DSC00665 (Large).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC00667 (Large).jpg
    DSC00667 (Large).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC00677 (Large).jpg
    DSC00677 (Large).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 339
  • DSC00678 (Large).jpg
    DSC00678 (Large).jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 344
Any day you want to sell those, drop me a line! Been looking for black ones for a LOOOOOONG time. I don't care if it's ten years from now. Put my business card on your desk. :biggrin:

Any day you want to sell those, drop me a line! Been looking for black ones for a LOOOOOONG time. I don't care if it's ten years from now. Put my business card on your desk. :biggrin:

I will keep you in mind. I am pretty quirky. Sometimes I sell stuff after a short while.

Look awesome.. Have you installed yet?mine came with 255s up front and are rubbing.

Here is a quick picture of the car with the Simmons. I didn't have time to take a better one because a thunder storm is coming. I like the look, but it's not a world of difference from the GTA's in my opinion. I do like them better though. Now I need a set of upgraded front and rear discs to make them stand out.

Attachments

• WLDWST 87T  Simmons Wheels 01.jpg
    WLDWST 87T Simmons Wheels 01.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 307
Looks really nice. Would look nicer if you had all blacked out trim!

I don't know about that. I think the bright edges of the rims are set off by the chrome on the car. But everyone has there own opinion. That's what makes the world an interesting place. With the centers being black, I think they would look best on a GN personally.

Back