SIMMONS Wheels Group Purchase???

I have done a little research and think that I am interested in:
17x8.5 245-45/17 4.4"BS Nitto 555
17x9.5 285-40/17 4.7"BS Nitto 555

How do I get a price qote with the group buy?
Jeff

I'm very close to getting in on this deal as well. I talked to Jeff, nice guy. If anyone has any pics of the 18" F or OM series installed on their car, I would definately love to see them. I am thinking I will go 18x8.5 front with a 245/40/18 and a 18x9" rear with a 295/35/18. Please email directly with pics or post here! I'll make up my mind in the next couple of days. Its either these or a set of HRE 547's...

FB - Good talking to you yesterday. I'm glad to see you ramrodding this deal. I'll contact Ken today and get the money ready to send to you.

Much like Gino I'm in for Black "F" series 18x8.5 w 245/40/18 in front and 18x9.5 in back with either 285/35/18 or 295/35/18.

I guess the best deal on tires will be with Sumitomos through GroupA so I will check with Ken today and see what tire prices are like through them.

Likewise RUB4BUX. If I can just peel my GN pics with the 18's out of my phuken digital camera, I can post and you can see the stance. JPRATT, my guess is that your set will cost you $2090 + $100 ($2195). RUQWKNF27, menacing looking T with the black wheels. 19" blacks is the way to go. I'm leaning towards 19's for the GN and Chevelle.

I will inquire about tire packages from GroupA today. I'll keep you posted.

Shall we give this process a couple of weeks so we can gather our loose change out of the sofa and decide on wheel sizes. That should give is a definate count of committed folks.

Unless we are all ready now..............

What style wheels?

I would like to know what style wheel you all are talking about. Are they steel or alloy? Any pictures of them available?
Thanks.

Guys,
Thanks for taking the time to put this all together. I'd definately like a week to figure out exactly what I'm going to do for wheels and pull the $$$ out of the money market, so that'll take a few days as well. FB - I can't wait to see the pics!

Thanks again

I am ready now, but if people want to wait then we need to wait until after the Nats. Say finishing the deal by 25 May?

FB - With your two sets, mine, plymusl, and jpratt I believe we are good to go.

I spoke with Jeff today and got an estimated price on the wheels and tires I want.

(2) 18x8.5 F-series Black with 245/40/18 Sumitomo
(2) 18X9.5 F-series Black with 295/35/18 Sumitomo

The price was around $3100.00 shipped w/ lugs and ready to go on the car.

Whenever you want to place my order and need the 1/2 deposit just let me know.

The package will take 6-8 weeks to be put together so the sooner we start the better.

Once again thanks for taking the lead in this matter.

For everybody’s reference: my first set consisted of 18x8.5’s with 4.765” BS in the fronts, 18x9.5’s with 4.765” BS in the rears with 255/35x18 Toyo TS1’s for the front and 295/35x18’s in the rear. I referenced Baer brake templates G085U and G040U. This tells Jeff how deep the spoke pocket needs to be to accommodate the large calipers. This combination fits like a glove with no rubbing, positive road feel and sharper steering. However, I have not driven the car in anger to draw out any flaws.

RUN4BUX – I’m assuming that you have stock front and rear stock suspension components. I’ll need to revisit this with Jeff.

PLYMUSL & JPRATT – Please let me know the configuration of your front and rear suspensions (stock or aftermarket). Additionally, please determine wheel model, wheel size and tire requirements as this will determine final pricing.

FYI – I’ll probably go with the 19’s (19x9.5’s in the front and 19x11’s in the rear with appropriate tire sizes). I’m installing the GNX flares to achieve this. The Chevelle will get the same.

Once I have all the information, I would like to confirm this with everybody before I present this to Jeff. I’ll ask him to bless the wish list and provide a final grand total which I will then communicate to everybody. Then we can begin our journey together towards poverty.

Your thoughts……………………

I forgot to mention - as far as backspacing is concerned, Jeff's degree of resolution is down to 1mm. So he can practically build a wheel around the varying thickness of rust you have on your drums and rotors.

We've been using whole, halves and quarters (5", 4.5, 4.75, 4.25, etc) to represent backspacing.

Not this time.......

Originally posted by GinoRin
I'm very close to getting in on this deal as well. I talked to Jeff, nice guy. If anyone has any pics of the 18" F or OM series installed on their car, I would definately love to see them. I am thinking I will go 18x8.5 front with a 245/40/18 and a 18x9" rear with a 295/35/18. Please email directly with pics or post here! I'll make up my mind in the next couple of days. Its either these or a set of HRE 547's...
My 18" OM series are in my sig if you haven't already seen them. Jeff is a stand up dude and was great help when I was researching wheels. You guys are getting great prices too. I paid $3500 for my package deal, so this group purchase is saving you $$$!

Car is totally stock.

Jeff said with the 295 rear I may have to trim the inner fender lip a small amount but I believe the big tire will be worth the small modification.

I'm ready to order whenever you say the word.

17x8.5 245-45/17 4.4"BS Nitto 555
17x9.5 285-40/17 4.7"BS Nitto 555
F series. Gloss Black center. Gloss silver outer.

Pretty much stock or stock replacement suspension and brakes.

Originally posted by RUN4BUX
Car is totally stock.

Jeff said with the 295 rear I may have to trim the inner fender lip a small amount but I believe the big tire will be worth the small modification.

I'm ready to order whenever you say the word.
I trimmed right up to the wheel well opening trim screws and no rubbing with a 18x9.5 w/ 295 35 18.

I just thought I would let everyone know... I was looking at tire rack, and they have the BFG Comp TA ZR in a 295/35/18 on closeout for $119 a tire!! I just purchased two for the rear to have on hand when I decide to buy a set of wheels. Anyone looking at 18s, thats a hell of a deal for that tire. Since they're closeout, I'm pretty sure theyre gone when they sell out (must be a discontinued style)

p.s. Does anyone out there have pics of the 18" F series on a GN??? In black, prefferably?? Thanks!

I removed my 18" simmons from my GN and stuck em' on my Charcoal T-Type. I put some pics up on my webshots if you guys want to see what it looks like. I love the Charcoal car!