SIMMONS Wheels Group Purchase???

Group Purchase Review

All:

I'd like to revisit our wish list and verify specifications:

jpratt
17x8.5 245-45/17 4.4"BS Nitto 555
17x9.5 285-40/17 4.7"BS Nitto 555
F series. Gloss Black center. Gloss silver outer.
jpratt: I believe Group A deals with Toyo and Sumitomo tires.

RUN4BUX
(2) 18x8.5 F-series Black with 245/40/18 Sumitomo
(2) 18X9.5 F-series Black with 295/35/18 Sumitomo

GinoRin
18x8.5 front with a 245/40/18
18x9" rear with a 295/35/18.
Gino: do you favor the Toyo's or the Sumitomos?

Myself: 2 sets

If I've missed others, forgive me. I'm gleening over the past posts to compile this list. Please check the list and keep me hnost. I know the Buick Nationals are around the corner, but if this is the list, I'd like to proceed and get firm pricing for each one of you.

Jeff had mentioned during my first purchase, that Toyo was a one of the developers of technology which would allow the introduction and incorporation of a stiffer sidewall in the preliminary stage of tire manufacturing.
If my memory hasn't failed, most of the other mfg's introduce the sidewall stiffness at a later stage of tire manufacturing. Larger wheels and very small sidewalls have posed a monumental challenge to tire mfg's to regain rigidity lost with shrinking sidewalls.

Keep me posted....................................

FB-
I can't wait to see the pics of the 18" black F series on your GN!! Once I see that my mind will be made up as far as which style I want. As far as what I will need and my specs, theyre as follows:

18" F-series with gloss black centers.
18x8.5 frt with 245/40/18 sumitomos (ive had bad luck with toyo)
18x9.5 rear with no tires (I bought those 295/35/18 comp T/As from tire rack)
I wouldn't mind a price on all 4 wheels with sumitomos, mounted balanced and shipped. I might just get the set or 4 for the hell of it. Rear tires dont last long anyways. hehe! I will also need lug nuts.

My suspension setup is as follows:

B-body spindles with Baer Track brake system. PBR 2-piston aluminum caliper with 13.0" Baer rotors, and offset global west tubular upper control arms, stock lowers.

I also have my rear fenderwell lip rolled so the 295 tire should clear.

Thanks again for all the help, looking forward to that pic!

Re: Group Purchase Review

Originally posted by FBSideoiler427
All:

I'd like to revisit our wish list and verify specifications:

jpratt
17x8.5 245-45/17 4.4"BS Nitto 555
17x9.5 285-40/17 4.7"BS Nitto 555
F series. Gloss Black center. Gloss silver outer.
jpratt: I believe Group A deals with Toyo and Sumitomo tires.

I thought they did, doesn't really matter. Sumi's will be ok for then.

FB-
Just curious if you happened to have any pics with your GN sittin' on the 18" F-series. If you would be so kind, please email them to me at grinaldi@wi.rr.com

I'm almost ready to purchase, I just want to see the 18" f series on a GN!

Thanks

RUQWKNF27

was looking at the pictures and noticed that your car looked terrific very nice car and this coming from a guy that hates white!

FB - I'm gonna be on vacation for a week beginning on Wed. So if need some $$$$ before then just let me know the amount.

E-mail me at RUN4BUX@aol.com if you need to get in touch with me during my long overdue vacation time.

Yup. I'm ready, too. Let's get some final prices locked down and get rollin' if we have enough people!

Thanks

Originally posted by FBSideoiler427
FYI – I’ll probably go with the 19’s (19x9.5’s in the front and 19x11’s in the rear with appropriate tire sizes). I’m installing the GNX flares to achieve this.

FBSideoiler427 - Couple questions cuz it seems like you have experience with some of this stuff - What mods do you with the GNX flares to allow a wider wheel? Where are the attachment points on the flares, and what hardware is used to put them on? Have you ever seen them adapted for a different G-body?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

(Sweating Heavily) Must Order.......Money burning hole in pocket....Can't wait much longer...(Still Sweating)..Help me feed my wheel addiction....Help please Help!!!!

Just checking on progress of the GP while at the beach. Hope all are having a good long weekend.

As soon as you get the price let me know i might be able to jump in depending on price. Thinking bout 18's - polished lip - painted gold centers.

RoyalT:

Excerpt from a previous post.............

17" wheels up to 9" in width: $2095 (includes discount)
17" wheels greater than 9":Add $100 per set

18" wheels up to 9" in width: $2195 (includes discount)
18" wheels greater than 9":Add $100 per set

19" wheels up to 9" in width: $2395 (includes discount)
19" wheels greater than 9":Add $100 per set.............................

Let me know. Order hasn't been placed yet - waiting on final pricing.

RUN4BUX - we here in the cold windy city hate your guts for mentioning the word "sweat". But hey! these cool 48 degree nights make driving the GN FUN!!

:cool:

I just saw your post, is it to late to get in on this? Also is the prices in the last post for a wheel/tire combo or just wheels?

Thanks, Daniel

Daniel,

The order hasn't been placed yet. I'm still waiting on final pricing from GroupA. If you're serious, decide on the wheel style, front and rear wheel sizes and tire sizes (you don't have to get the tires). Additionally, map out what front and rear suspension modifications you have along with any aftermarket brake packages/components you have OR are going to have and let me know all of this info to submit.

Prices are in....................

notplayn and RoyalT - are you still interested? Let me know.

RUN4BUX, JPRATT, Gino...........sent you emails with full pricing. Please review and confirm.

FBSideoiler427,

If you have a minute, could you take a stab at my questions, please? They're about 5 posts up.

Thanks,

Jim