SIMMONS Wheels Group Purchase???

i am still interested. What are prices with and without tires.

I would like 18x8.5 fr
18x? Rear [as large as i can without minitubs, frame notching or any other major mod]

polished lip, gold centers, Nitto 555 tires

im getting Baer 13" track system, stock spindles and a-arms, Eibach springs, bilstein shocks.

Just need to know final price so i can know if i can afford. Also do we just need 1/2 up right?

Delta T (Jim) - Send me your email address. I'll take some pictures and try to explain my approach to the wide wheels on the GN. Thx.

Royal T - Your price would be $2295 for wheels and approximately $750 for tires. The fronts would be 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 for the rears. The tire price is a guesstimate as I'm not sure if Nitto has tires to accommodate a 10.5" wide wheel.

See my link to my web page in an earlier post which has my GN with those size wheels and tires.

FBS427-

did you have to roll lip of wheel well? and payment wise do we need all up front or can we do half and then the other half when rims are ready to ship?

Royal T - None of the above (no lip rolling, no frame notching) - just unwrap them, mount them and drive. I've driven the car agressively and the control is more positive, the reaction is more pronounced. I've not driven the car in anger to draw out any anomolies yet. I've had five passengers in the car and hit a driveway sized bump at speed to elicit a slight rub in the right rear - thats about it. In my opinion the car could use a little more wheel and tire in the front (with stock suspension components).

As far as $$ goes - half now and half prior to shipment.

Hope that helps.

Thanx. whats the deadline looking like? I know from experience how much of a difference wheels and tires make these cars feel. I had 17x8.5 all the way around w/ 235s up front and 275s out back and going to my 15x7s ... for lack of a better word.... SUCKED! I cant wait to finish my car.... if money only grew on trees!?:rolleyes:

The deadline is dictated by everybody getting me the funds so I can place the order. The three interested parties are in the process of cleaning out their couches of change and getting me a check for 50% of their quoted combination.

If you're interested, I can contact Jeff with your configuration, have him determine final pricing and then include your order. I'm assuming by Friday, Jun 10, I should have everybodys funds and should be able to turn around and send a check to GroupA.

I
Incidently, you never mentioned any brake mods for the rear. Does the Baer 13" Track system cover the fronts/rears or just the fronts?
Thx.

drumroll please............................

and final pricing is...........

FBS427.... you can chime in anytime......:D

Not rushing just eager .;)

Royal-T:

Your damage would be $3090:

Fronts: 18x8.5 with Nitto NT555 245/40r18
Rears: 18x9.5 with Nitto NT555 285/35r18

Wheels priced at $2295.00.
Tires priced at $795.00.

Package comes mounted and balanced.

Keep me posted..........

i sure will. working on tracking down funds now. I truly appreciate all the leg work you are doing for this also. thanx.

"No worries mate"

I'd like to propose a deadline of June 10th to deliver funds, and then proceed to place the order.

your thoughts........................

i am still working on it - i'll do my very best. How is everybody else doing. how many total - serious people - do we have?

I'll get my check out Monday. I'll send it certified mail signature required if that is no problem.

I'm in for sure, I'm just waiting to find out some pricing info on other tires, then my check will be on the way as well.

The best thing about these SIMMONS wheels is that they can rebuild them if you dent one (like i did) it takes 6 weeks to get back to you..but after i got mine back the installer left clamp marks on the lip of my rim:mad: so i have to send it back to have it fix again:mad: good luck with your purchase

I am still in, but I screwed up and spent my GN money on my wifes couch and chair. I have a few checks coming in any day now and then I will be god to go. Sorry if this holds up things, but it will only be a few days.
Jeff