You can type here any text you want

simple question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
a co-worker and i were discussing cars. i told him i made crappy dyno numbers b/c my car went to a 7:1 AF ratio. i guessed what happened is when the operator put my cars values in the dyno (mustang dyno) he put my car as weighing in at 3000 lbs which reduced the load on my engine which made it run richer. my co-worker says engine load in no way affects fueling and its all controlled my the MAF. i thought load (LV8) was a part of the fueling calculations. he said there is no device to meaure load. i thought it was a calculation like RPM x MAF GPS for example. if anyone knows what exactly the load (LV8) table affects and how it is measured i would sure like to know. thanks

For a quick answer, LV8 is part of the calculation however our cars peg the LV8 at 255 even before the maf has a chance to get near 255 so it wouldn't take hardly any dyno load to peg it. I'm sure someone else will post and fill in some of the formula blanks or you might be able to do a search on LV8 and find something.

By the way I wonder if his wideband wasn't having problems as a 7:1 A/F would be blowing black smoke and probably keep the engine from turning any upper RPM because of being so rich.

actually the engine was blowing black smoke out the dump and eveyones eyes were watering and it was breaking up on the top end.

Well guess the wideband was working. Does the car drive ok on the street now? I don't see where dyno roller load reduction of 5-600 pounds would throw off the cars ecm that much where it would apply that much fuel. I mean like your friend said with LV8(probably pegged as I said), MAF and the PE RPM and PE TPS tables, commaded A/F value along with time in PE tables I don't see a case where it would/could plug in that much fuel but I guess somehow it did it. I'm at a loss. Were you running the alky at 100% or something maybe that could've thrown it off like that?

car runs wayyyyyy betr on the street. on the dyno with the current combo below on 25 psi and 0 KR it made 277 HP and 345 TQ. alky was 100% but its the SMC kit so it has to be or else i knock.

Back