You can type here any text you want

single turbo or twin turbo for stage 2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

INTHEEIGHTS

My Dads Faster Than Yours
not really sure which way to go, really think i might want to run 91mm single and any one selling a complete single turbo set up. new or used thanks guys

What's a general overview of your build-up? Street car/ racecar, full blown racecar? What block, heads, fuel system, yada yada. There are more than a few competent guys here that can steer you in a good direction and provide good recommendations based on what you have to work with or how much money you feel like spending. :biggrin:

thanks stu i got stage 2 offcenter 274 twin turbo set up right now with pair 63mm garrets fast and magnaflow fuel system. i just dont like the headache of twin wasta gates 2 turbos making bigger intercooler less room for plumming . class restrictions. so really think im in the market for a new intake and single header set up s/s.plus either gt4788 or gtb88s1 there is just little price diff in turbos. so i got a lot to think about. i want to run mid to low eights in street trim 3500 weight. four link 9 inch big tire. :) thanks for any help.

Well, I am sure that with a gt 47-88 you'll be able to run those numbers at that weight. My friends, the calahans have run 9.8's with an older style, non- ball bearing precision 88 while not having second gear in their tranny! They campaign a stock style suspension and the car is heavy, at least it used to be... from what I heard a lot of glass parts are on the way. Send me some pics if your car if you feel like it, I am building a tube chassis twin turbo car and maybe we could swap some ideas. My e-mail is johannastuart@msn.com.

The twins should spool better on the v6 for the some amount of power.
If you need to go with the single consider a 91MM T06 Thumper with the smaller turbine wheel. I have spoken to Innovative, Precision and Turbonetics about this. ... Oh and give me your twin gates and turbos! ;)
With the single turbo make sure that you don't go cheap on the convertor.
I reccomend either a Neal Chance or a Pro Torque.

I suspect that spooling a '91 against a converter would present a challenge to say the least. A clutch trans with bang-bang spoolup assist ssems to work pretty well with big singles though :)

TurboTR

Back