You can type here any text you want

sitched intakes andnow car starts and then dies

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iroctt

Ok so last week I pull my Holley stealth ram intake of my 89 iroc-z and swap a new single plane intake with a elbow and ford 90mm TB. The car worked great when I pulled it into the garage last week. I drop the distributor in and go to fire it up and the car runs for 2-3 seconds and dies like I pulled the power wire to the ecu. The ecu is a FAST batch. I have checked everything and just about fed up. I did bypas the coil and mallory ignition box and just hooked up my stock coil, no dice. The tps is at 19 so the new ford tps with the GM connector is hooked up correct. What the hell gives all I did was swap intakes all in a weeks time. I did try an old ignition module I had but nothing.
Anything to look for with my FAST?

Is the MAP geting a good vacuum signal? If everything is wired, timed, installed correctly,you will need to tweak the afterstart tables.

I guess i will mess with the afterstart stuff and see if I can get it to work:confused:

I realy have no experience with any of these ecu's but I will give it a try

Did you hook your FAST box directly to the coil? Plan on getting that fixed soon if you did as it wasted the points output driver.

what is the points out put driver? I didn't rewire anything with the coil I just swaped intakes.

When I hooked up the stock coil it only plugs in one way its a factory gm coil all I did was bypass my msd coil and mallory ignition box in doing this. I did this ounce in the past when my old accel coil went bad at the track and its what got me home.

Got it now. There are many configurations where bypassing a CD ignition system from the FAST unit means hooking the coil (-) wire right to the FAST, which will smoke the FAST box instantly. Sorry for the scary info.

car is still not running. I have installed a new pu-coil in the distributor the old one was looking bad. How can I see if the IAC is operting correctly. The car is backfiring and stumbling and won't run for more then a few seconds. The car is getting a rpm signal. What should my iac numbers look like on my fast dashboard. The car acts as if the timing is way of but I have drpped in the dizzy 4 times now at TDC.

Checklist
72#injectors are good at 2.7 each
factory ICM had been replaced with new one
coil and mallory ignition are working fine.

The only thing that changed is the IAC and ford style tps intake is different but the car should run decent.

Back