You can type here any text you want

Size of Front Replacements

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
What size can I fit in the dash for stock replacement?
Can you get a 4 inch in there?
I am having a deck and new speakers put in next Sat.
This is not a pimp my ride set up, I just want something
I can enjoy on the way to work.

John,
The factory size is a 3 1/2, for a drop in replacement. A 4 will fit, but will require some modification to the mounting area. HTH
John

Thanks for the info.
It seems that Rockford Fosgate has pretty good bolt in unit that Best Buy carries. I think I will go with that and a good set of pioneer 6X9s in the back.

John,

How did the speakers turn out? I have alot of stuff I pulled out of my S10 Blazer some time back.... trying to figure out what components I can re-use.....

I have Oz Audio
qty 2 1" tweeters
qty 4 4" mids
qty 2 5-1/4" mids
qty 2 6-1/2" mids
qty 2 alpine 10's
1 Alpine 30x4 bridges to 80x80
1 Soundstream D200 100x2
Eclipse in dash cd player.....

Now.... what can I stuff where?

John Wilde said:
Thanks for the info.
It seems that Rockford Fosgate has pretty good bolt in unit that Best Buy carries. I think I will go with that and a good set of pioneer 6X9s in the back.

John, I dont think the Fosgates are going to work. They will lay rite in the hole, like a glove, but when you go to put the speaker cover back on, its not gonna sit flat. Take a good look at the speaker and measure from the mounting tabs to the very top of speaker/tweeter. Not much clearance in between the stock speaker and cover sitting in place. Good Luck
What works real nice is a componet set-up with a tweeter in each front speaker hole, and a mid (two-way taped) to each side of the windshield post.

TURBOGTA1 said:
John, I dont think the Fosgates are going to work. They will lay rite in the hole, like a glove, but when you go to put the speaker cover back on, its not gonna sit flat. Take a good look at the speaker and measure from the mounting tabs to the very top of speaker/tweeter. Not much clearance in between the stock speaker and cover sitting in place. Good Luck
What works real nice is a componet set-up with a tweeter in each front speaker hole, and a mid (two-way taped) to each side of the windshield post.

They kind of did not fit but even worst they blew up and sound like sh*t.
I think Infinity make a set, I may try them next
I should probably do the componet set up, but I don't want a amp right now.

I have pretty much made up my mind to put my OZ Audio 1" silk dome tweeters in the dash..... Oz 5-1/4" seperates in the doors..... not sure about the back deck....... might require a hack saw..... :eek: thinking about 6-1/2" seperates with 2 10's in an isobaric box with ports that come up through the back deck.......

Just my preliminary thoughts.... I would almost buy a good set of 6x9's (with the adaptors of course) to get decent mid-bass as well as some highs.... and leave the lows to the 10's.....

I would hook my Alpine 30x4 up in 4 channel mode .... with door 5-1/4" speakers in parallel with dash tweeters....on front two channels.... and back 6x9's on the rear channels so I would have the ability to fade.... then the subs run off my old Soundstream D200 100x2 .... probably bridged.....

I will buy these next.

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA32.7CF'&Ser=KAP&Cat=MEL

Back