You can type here any text you want

skinnys up front?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

frank700

Hi, I was wondering who runs skinnys up front 3.5 rim like 26-7.5-15 MT frontrunner on the street. Like driving to car shows and around town. Some people say no way and others say no problem. Just lookig for some experience. Thanks

sorry man, I wouldn't do it. I've 15x4 Draglite's and it feels comfortable, as long as I am going less than about 25-30 MPH. I really don't even like running them at the track, it seems like the car wanders, where as the 275/40/17's track very well and give some awesome handling as a bonus on the street.

A friends girlfriend totalled his 5.0 because of skinnies up front. Rearended somebody, just couldn't get it stopped. I wouldn't do it.

i wouldnt do it myself but it can be done. you just have to drive really safe but that still doesnt mean your going to avoid the idiot drivers out there.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll go with a 15-6 rim with a 215-65-15 to be safe in front. 275-60-15 15-8 rim in back. Thanks.

I have been running skinnies on the front for some time. I have upgraded brakes so stopping is not an problem. I don't dodge in and out of traffic though :D. Although I drive it on the weekends, the car handles well at speed at least in a straight line.

Back