You can type here any text you want

Slick & Wheel Size For The Track??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Underboost

Mr. Dull
Hi Guy's

What size Rim, and Slick can run with the stock rear suspension?

I will be buying 2 Air Bags of course :)

I have M/T Drag Radials 275/50/15's on the stock rear wheels for the street and they rub a lil not bad only on hard turns.

How big can I go with new Rims & Slicks :confused:

I'm going to be buying these. :biggrin:

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheels_detail.php?mw_id=13&sw_id=72

Please Help Guys!

I would like it to sit like this pic bellow

Thank You Brent

P.S If you guy's could post some pic's that would be great. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 15x10'.jpg
    15x10'.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 613
With those rims your probably going to need a 8inch rim, you can go 9inch but I don't believe that rim is available in a 9inch probably an 8 or a 10. And a 10 would be to big.

15X8's with the 275/50/15's are a perfect fit. Just make sure you tell them what type of car they are going on so that you get the correct offset.

What about slicks? What is the biggest rim size and tire size 4 slicks? Stock supension.

fast86gn said:
With those rims your probably going to need a 8inch rim, you can go 9inch but I don't believe that rim is available in a 9inch probably an 8 or a 10. And a 10 would be to big.

15X8's with the 275/50/15's are a perfect fit. Just make sure you tell them what type of car they are going on so that you get the correct offset.

DR BOOST said:
that car looks very familiar....hmmm

LOL Looks Good

I would like to buy some Weld Racing Alumastars yesterday but I can't get any help on slick and wheel size Front & back. Can you help :biggrin:

15x4 front.
15x10 rear with 5 inch backspace

front tires 26x7.5 MT sportsman pro
rear 275/60 15 mt drag radials.

the fender lip must be rolled and the frame may need mild massaging with a ball peen hammer.

surej

DR BOOST said:
15x4 front.

the fender lip must be rolled and the frame may need mild massaging with a ball peen hammer.

surej

Thank you!!!

Brent

DR BOOST said:
15x4 front.

surej

I'm sorry but do you have any Pic's? :biggrin:

sorry i dont have any pics.

i have convo pro rims with a 325 50-15 drag radial on it now....yes , i had to notch the frame.

Unless your frame has been knotched a 5" BS will put you way to far inside an close to the frame. With a 15x10 on stk frame you will need no more then 4.5 BS!!! I am in the process of buying some an I have always heard an seen people going with 15x10's always use 4.5" BS...

the car in the pic does not have a notched frame nor did i when we used 15x10 with a 5 backspace. BUT the biggest tire you car run is a 275/60-15.

we did massage the fram rail with a hammer in a few close areas

RUQWKNF27 said:
Unless your frame has been knotched a 5" BS will put you way to far inside an close to the frame. With a 15x10 on stk frame you will need no more then 4.5 BS!!! I am in the process of buying some an I have always heard an seen people going with 15x10's always use 4.5" BS...

How about a 15x10 with a 4 BS?

The silver car is frame notched your never going to fit a 12" wide slick under our cars without it. I have a 29X 11.5 Hoosier Quicktime pro on 8 wheels (Didnt fit with 10" and 4.5 bs) and they barly clear actually rub the wheel well lip some (They are rolled) on the drivers side :(
I am going down 1 size next set to the 28" X 11.5 (Still 10" tread) :D

Also with the car setting that low and the wheel tucked under there like that who could even think that work without a notched frame ??? Come on just look at it!!!!!!!! LAMO!

thunderace31 said:
The silver car is frame notched your never going to fit a 12" wide slick under our cars without it. I have a 29X 11.5 Hoosier Quicktime pro on 8 wheels (Didnt fit with 10" and 4.5 bs) and they barly clear actually rub the wheel well lip some (They are rolled) on the drivers side :(
I am going down 1 size next set to the 28" X 11.5 (Still 10" tread) :D

Also with the car setting that low and the wheel tucked under there like that who could even think that work without a notched frame ??? Come on just look at it!!!!!!!! LAMO!

No sh!t??? :rolleyes: I was looking at the style of wheel. I end up getting
the Weld Aluma stars
Rear 15x10 w/ 4 bs M/T streets 275/60/15
Front 15x4

Car looks awsome!!!!

Back