You can type here any text you want

Slicks and sway bar???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn87turbo

Mounted my 26x10.5x15 MT ET Streets today on my track wheels. How much pressure should I run in these at the track and how much do you have to heat these to hook?

Also, do most of you remove your front sway bar when running a street car at the track, my car is mainly street driven but I'd remove it to get a good timeslip because I only go to the track a couple of times a year and I plan on going soon.

Thanks,
patrick

Disconnect the sway bar end links at the track. Keep it on for the street driving if you have the stock rear bar. Slicks try 14 psi and work you way down. If the car starts to sway in the rear on the big end, add air to the slicks.

Dont see airbags in your Sig. Very good and inexpensive addition to the traction solution and easy to install yourself.. just a suggestion.

PhotosbyJim : photos : Lebanon 7-17-09 - powered by SmugMug

PhotosbyJim : photos : Lebanon 7-17-09 - powered by SmugMug

http://photosbyjim.smugmug.com/gallery/8947749_psSTF#P-18-9

here are 6 pics of my car last friday at the track.
car has no front bar on it and it is driven with the skinnies every day and the handling sucks! had 4 gta wheels on it before with much bigger tires and handling was much better still without front bar. personally if i were you don't bother with the front bar leave it alone! the endlink bolts are usually rusted and would need to be replaced PROBABLY! also unless you have air tools the seam like they are a mile long with hand tools. my tires are 26x9 and hook up great 1.61 60ft . you should be able to get in the 1.6? if you leave hard enough! run your slicks about 13-15# at least that is what i do! i don't have any air bags in this car but i do in my other cars!

pull into the water spin for 1/2 second in the water !!!
PULL OUT OF THE WATER AND DO YOUR BURNOUT!!! don't do a burnout in the water!

i try to get up to the lights first and stage.i use my ebrake and my brakes to hold boost and i can hold as much as 10# leave on the last yellow and hold on!

please note that i have been warned that i could possibly rip off the backing plates off the rear but it hasn't happened yet so i am going to continue to roll the dice.

my brakes are all stock.no bigger shoes or wheel cylinders.

Thanks a lot, ttaowner.

My car does have a 3rd gen z28 sway bar in front and the bolts look new so removing them shouldn't be a problem but I don't want to give up handling either. Also I will be trailering it to the track so handling there and back aren't a problem.

Back