slow why?

richiewwhite

I just recieved the car on a trade and it is sick and it runs fine like it starts up and no smoke or oil or anything just slow as **** n/intercooled. im a 2.3t ford fan and am trying to figure this out. whats the best pulgs and wires i know the 2.3 your best with motor craft and factory plugs jus how it came/ the car is a dog hsa new fuel pump and the turbo is good i was wondering if there is away to adjust timing maybe it isnt firing at the right time or what not its just like a 3.8 non turbo is how it runs slow! any help would be appreciated has new fuel pump im going to check for a vacum leak or what not i havent really looked to much yet but i will tomorrow thanks alot rich

Does it seem like its missing at all, or is it just slow? is it running rich? your best bet is to get some sort of scantool and that should tell you whats wrong with it. also, get the ign module and coilpack tested because a bad one of either will really handicap one of these cars. good wires for these cars are the MSD 8.5 mm and good plugs are autolite platinum 24's. check back when you have a more specific idea of whats going on, then im sure i and others can help you a lot more.

depending on what is done to the car, there are different items to try. I can tell you that the first item of buisiness is getting a scan tool. With out that you have no clue what is happening in the engine. As far as plugs and wires go, stock GM work well. Expensive. You can go to Quad Air and get a set of their wires and they work well. MSD has a direct set for the turbo V6 and they work excellent also. The latter you can usually get at your local speed shop or summit or jegs. For plugs I have used AC delco and Autolite. Use standard plugs not the fancu dancy cool plugs. The CR42TS autolite 23 give me great service. I check them regularly.

GO BACK TO THE BASICS FIRST !!!

check compression ..... then do a leakdown test .

That way you know the true condition of the motor.

good luck !